Bare dry suit vulcanized boot sizing: What size boot for 10-10.5 shoe size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just replaced my old suit with a new Bare Trilam HD Tech. The new boots run true to size. I wear a 10 shoe, and I got the 9 - 9 1/2 boots. I would not go up a size. Get the 10-10 1/2 boots.

I have had no problem with different finning styles. The attached boot is easy to don/doff, its flexible, and IMHO the only way to go, esp if you are boat diving. If I were walking on sharp rock and broken glass, I might consider the rock boots.

Yes, Soggy!
They are really flexible.
Some finning techniques are easier and more natural than others, but diving in a wet suit is more natural than diving in a drysuit! I choose to use a drysuit for the obvious reasons.
I think that I learned how to work around inflexible boots with my old suit, so these seem much easier.
I really like attached boots, because I am in and out of the suit so much more quickly.

As for not getting an effective kick from you fins with rock boots, it has been discussed that you could use high top tennis shoes over the soft sock. Just size it appropriately. That way you would still have the ankle movement that the rock boot restricts. Heard on the board somewhere..........

i own a bare tri-lam and got rid of the bare boots for a sock. i then used dui rock boots and they sucked due to the lack of mobility mentioned in soggy's post. i went to an akona half bootie over the neoprene sock and it was the best move i could have done !! you have total mobility and feeling of your feet and fins,and even my air consumption improved !!!i also got another set of half booties with a harder sole for the times i go to rocky beaches and want a little more protection on the bottom of my feet. one other benifit not mentioned yet is i could keep my volo fins that i use diving wet !!! my opionion sumed up----neoprene socks(cheaper too !!) and akona half booties($20.00)

My dive buddy uses the Akona booties over his soft socks, too. I like the idea of having the same fins for everything!

I still like the convenience of stepping into and out of my suit quickly. Esp. when its really hot out or really cold out.....

Ditto ... I have a Bare drysuit that originally came with rock boots. I hated the things, mostly because you can't get them into and out of any fins other than Turtles. Instead I got some Akona booties that slip over the 7mil foot ... works like a charm and I can still use my split fins.

Judging from how mych trouble the other dry-suit divers had on a recent trip to Canada, this is not a unique problem. More than the convenience when it's really hot or cold, I can't imagine beach diving...stuggling to get the rock boot into a fin while a big wave is heading my way!

I'm ordering a new Bare CD4 drysuit. I do mostly shore diving. If my shoe size is 10, what size soft boots with what size Akona booties would probably work best?

get your dry-suit in hand and take it and the socks that your going to wear to your local dive shop and try on different sizes until you get them to fit right. they should be a little snug so they dont come off when you take your fins off(especially in the surf !!)
i know waiting sucks...but it's the only way to make sure they will fit !!
sddiverdude

Back
Top Bottom