Bare Nex Gen sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lemonade

Reaction score
Just an hour ago I received my new mail-ordered Bare Nex Gen, size ML and had a few minutes to inspect it and even try it on before coming back to the office.

On Bare Size Chart I fit right into ML, somewhat closer to its upper boundary. But at the first glance suit seems big (a little too wide and a little too tall)

I’m 6’0”, 185#

Does anyone know if Bare cuts their Nex Gens on the larger side?

I am trying to figure out whether it is worth my effort to return this one and try M, which, according to the Size Chart, is too small for me.

Thanks.

You don't want a snug drysuit, as you need room for undergarments and the ability to move with pressure on the suit. If the suit is a little too large, I would call it good. Even my custom made suit is not snug.

MD

Lemonade:
Just an hour ago I received my new mail-ordered Bare Nex Gen, size ML and had a few minutes to inspect it and even try it on before coming back to the office.

On Bare Size Chart I fit right into ML, somewhat closer to its upper boundary. But at the first glance suit seems big (a little too wide and a little too tall)

I’m 6’0”, 185#

Does anyone know if Bare cuts their Nex Gens on the larger side?

I am trying to figure out whether it is worth my effort to return this one and try M, which, according to the Size Chart, is too small for me.

Thanks.

I got the same size and I'm 5 8 and about 180. I found it on the long side myself. I would have gone for the M but I don't think it would fit chest. Also needed bigger sock for my flipper feet. I have yet to dive with it but I think it will fill up OK with undergarments.

Plus I think you'll need the extra height to get neck over your head.

I seen a few others dive with the same suit with a little extra room...did not seem to matter...unless your adverse to wringles.

I'm looking forward to trying it soon..let us know how your dive goes.

vr

JC

Jchoby:
Plus I think you'll need the extra height to get neck over your head.

For front zipper - definitely. For back - I'm not so sure. You can bring your chin very low, much lower than needed to get in the neck of the suit even without extra length. That's one of the few pros in shoulder entry suits.

I'm planning to see how mine fits with thick undergarments this weekend and will report back.

Going to be interesting. I can not trim the seals until I am sure that the suit is a keeper, and untrimmed they are just killing me. :eek5:

I tried the suit on with a few thick layers, it's just long enough so I can crouch or bow forward and reach my toes; any shorter, and I wouldn't be able to do that.

Now I'm inclined to think it fits OK, here are the pix. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Actually from your pics it doesnt look to bad. It is a budget priced entry level suit and is not gonna fit perfect. I used to refer to my nex gen as a hefty trash bag cause it was so baggy. But you know what, for the price it did the job and worked quite well. It sure beat freezing my butt off in a wetsuit.

Lemonade:
I tried the suit on with a few thick layers, it's just long enough so I can crouch or bow forward and reach my toes; any shorter, and I wouldn't be able to do that.

Now I'm inclined to think it fits OK, here are the pix. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
I have a Nex-Gen too and yours appears to fit about as well as mine. When I'm underwater I don't notice it feeling baggy.

I love my Nex-Gen. As lal7176 said - it beats the hell outta freezing your a$$ off in a wetsuit.

Do what I plan on doing - dive your Nex-Gen until the zipper fails or it gets so many holes that you can't patch them all. Then buy a custom Bare Trilam ATR HD. :eyebrow:

The next dry suit I buy will be in a medium-to-high price range. I got this one so I can dive dry and understand what my preferences are and what I want from a suit: type, features, etc.

Did not want to be owing a $2000 suit, wishing I'd bought the other $2000 suit. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom