"basic" camera + housing for $300--possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a Fuji F-700 factory refurb last year. Fuji had problems with the sensor of that model and unoffically did a recall(Anyone that sent it in with a bad sensor got a updated sensor) The refurbs got new sensors and I haven't heard of any problems with the cameras after that. It was at the time of it's release a high end compact digital that they rate as 6.2 mp but if you crunch the numbers is more like a bit over 4.1mp the difference with the Fufi's of the F series is a higher color gammit. The sensor uses both a large and small diode to increase it's color range. My camera cost me $99 (a lot let than it's $649 msrp) and the Fuji housing for it was another $99 I've added 2 Pixtreme slave strobes to the outfit for $99 each and have been very happy with the results.
I wouldn't hessitate to snap up the F40-FD it's a fine camera and should serve you well.
Check out my profile on divebuddy.com for higher quality shots using the Fuji F-700

Attachments

• DSCF0181.jpg
    DSCF0181.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 39
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom