Basic trip report May 26th - June 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DreaminOfSand&Salt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Stayed at Blue Angel -

- As always clean and comfortable accommodations - stayed in 301 overlooking the Restaurant (could enjoy the live music in the evenings from our balcony) - Heavy rain one evening introduced a sewer smell to the room (I would imagine quite common on the island?...) fixed by closing the bathroom door and opening the window.
Coz jpeg-024.jpgCoz jpeg-095.jpgIMG_1435.jpgIMG_1441.jpgIMG_1447.jpg

- Boats - First three days we were on a big boat (Bally 1) :depressed: which didn't get back to the resort until 2:30 - 3 ... politely asked to get on smaller boats and was granted my request for the rest of the week (Chiquimax and Leon II ... a rental - both nice and fast) and was back at the resort no later than 12:15-30

- Dive Guides - Nothing really separated or distinguished one from another as they were all awesome - Mateo, Jose, Norman, and Tony ... Thank you for some awesome dives.

- Weather - first five days of diving great weather small showers - last day of diving (the 1st) cold cold rain ... very happy to get in the water and warm up.

-Sites - All of the Palancar sites as well as Cueves ...? with Tony which had an awesome swim thru ( I don't normally like them because of lack of life) long with a lot of "sky lights"
- San Francisco, Villa Blanca wall (enjoyed), Tormentos (awesome formations), San Clemente, Columbia Deep (awesome), Cedral, Dalila (Nice)

Coz jpeg-029.jpgCoz jpeg-051.jpgCoz jpeg-054.jpgCoz jpeg-063.jpgCoz jpeg-079.jpgCoz jpeg-030.jpg

- Last year we did most of the swim thrus - this year we went over the top of the rest of the group ... the tops were awesome!
- Current on the deeper sites was minimal as well as a lot of particulate in the water - vis. probably 80-90 - very light current on the shallower sites
- We saw the usual critters (the crab was huge!) but missed green morays and nurse sharks ... not a single one.(Starting to learn where to look for the small critters)
- 6 shore dives at Blue Angel 2 of which were night dives - photos below are from the shore dives

Coz jpeg-010.jpgCoz jpeg-014.jpgCoz jpeg-022.jpgCoz jpeg-023.jpgCoz jpeg-047.jpgCoz jpeg-070.jpgIMG_1068.jpgCoz jpeg-083.jpg

First time with the new camera and first time ever with a strobe .... lots of learning yet to do!

-Eats - La Hach for lunch - good food and nice view
- Casa Denis - seafood platter for two ... awesome
- Wet Wendys - live band - the wife had the seafood nachos and loved them - nice bar like atmosphere
- O'Hanas - lobster rolls and pizza pie oh my! Love this place - Mateo and his wife do a great job
- And of course Blue Angel resort - great food (I believe I could live off the fried fish tacos and salsa macha) and staff (Sergio and Izzy) - awesome happy hour - and the churro man

- Two other couples we had met from last year were down at the same time and it was really nice to eat,dive, and hang out with them.

We will be back and will continue to stay and dive with Blue Angel

Last edited:
That Moray is nice. I don't think I have ever seen one of those. Lots of Green and Spotted Morays, but never a Chain Moray. I guess I need to do more shore dives at night.

Your report is making me anxious to get down there. Nice pics, what setup are you using? My upcoming trip will also be with a new camera and first time strobe.

Your report is making me anxious to get down there. Nice pics, what setup are you using? My upcoming trip will also be with a new camera and first time strobe.

Canon G15 Fantasea housing with their macro lens and single S&S YS-01 strobe ..... see you are from Braselton - originally from Kennesaw - Acworth area ... hope you have a good trip!

thnx for sharing

For all of the photo gurus out there .... what is the best site to set up photo albums - really lose some clarity and definition when uploading on here and would like to share with family and some of our friends that we have met in Coz (Never cared much about "above the water photography" but I see myself getting addicted to the down below photography!) Thanks

For all of the photo gurus out there .... what is the best site to set up photo albums - really lose some clarity and definition when uploading on here and would like to share with family and some of our friends that we have met in Coz (Never cared much about "above the water photography" but I see myself getting addicted to the down below photography!) Thanks

My DH uses Smug Mug

Back
Top Bottom