BC inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CrazyUncle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need a quick answer, is the BC inflator hose standard for all or most BC's without an air source? Or do they differ per manufacturer?

I am not sure about the size and length but I have rented and used reg sets from many different shops and never had one that wouldn't connect.

I'm taking my regs on a cruise tomorrow and renting a BC, just wondering if the hose will work. Thanks.

If the hose connects to a standard inflator there should be no problems. Standard Inflator connections are an industry standard.

Ok great! Thank you. I Have one but its about 5 inches shorter than the Air2 hose. Does that sound right or should they be about the same?

I don't think that it matters. You should be fine.

Sounds right.

You should not have any problems unless the shop renting out the bc has air2s. Unlikely though. and if they did, they would most likely have an adapter available.

Divers I know that have air2s have the adapter or swap out the inflator hose when they travel without their regular bc. The air2 connector is bigger than the regular inflator hose connector.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom