BC manufacturers must be Raking it in...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thal: You are always positive, with all your experience. Mike F is always mister doom and gloom, he closed his store, most instruction is terrible, etc, etc,

I'll go for your outlook. Glad to see you are on your way to the big Island.
Not to burst your bubble but Mike and I see the diving world in almost precisely the same way. My wife and NetDoc just have me (independently) in a "be a nicer guy" guy training program.

Thal: You are always positive, with all your experience. Mike F is always mister doom and gloom, he closed his store, most instruction is terrible, etc, etc,

I'll go for your outlook. Glad to see you are on your way to the big Island.

LOL, what is Thal's outlook? I think he was saying that some people are more poitively buoyant than others.

We all have to take some PUNishment once in a while.

Scuba is an expensive sport, like many others. I've purchased several BCDs but use my Deep Sea Supply exclusively now, because it's well designed, safe, reliable and simply works better than the others I own (expect when I want to warm water dive bare chested and it rubs). I've been to Tobin's factory and he has hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment in the plant. Sure the bp/w is expensive but not excessively so. I want quality gear and have to pay for it. Sure I would like it to be less expensive but that's true of lots of things I want. Tobin probably wants a few things too and so he charges competitively.
Who says the scuba industry is in crisis? Is this true? How do we know? It seems to me that almost everyone I talk to who isn't afraid of the water is either already a diver or wants to become a diver.
My LDS makes a good living, his words not mine, but doesn't carry some of the cool gear I want so have had to shop elsewhere. As I took my course thru his shop he offers me a 10-20% discount but I find stuff that he carries and I want for less elsewhere, such as Deep Sea Supply and from Phil Ellis as well. We still get fills and odds and ends from him. As long as he lets me in the door I'm happy and he doesn't seem resentful.

Try the back plate/wing set up. better trim out under water no "hug" at the surface.......AND FURTHER MORE HOW MUCH IS "YOUR LIFE " WORTH????????? The research that goes into giving options to smart diver`s, (we all dive different) ,redundant safety, I believe that there isn`t enough. I am a Dive Master. Daily, the lives of people are in my hands. Walmart cannot provide me with the gear to save your life. And would you want it that way?????

Um, what?

There's nothing wrong with bare-tank breathing.

Right my point exactly! That way the Reg manufacturers will quit "Raking it in" like the BC Manufacturers. Lets start calling them "Big Scuba" like people refer to oil companies.

Try the back plate/wing set up. better trim out under water no "hug" at the surface.......AND FURTHER MORE HOW MUCH IS "YOUR LIFE " WORTH????????? The research that goes into giving options to smart diver`s, (we all dive different) ,redundant safety, I believe that there isn`t enough. I am a Dive Master. Daily, the lives of people are in my hands. Walmart cannot provide me with the gear to save your life. And would you want it that way?????
That's a dash overly dramatic wouldn't you say?

Back
Top Bottom