BCD Steve Bogaerts uses with his Razor Harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dante31

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get the BCD that Steve Bogaerts uses with his Razor Harness (Or something like it)?

For those who don't know what I am talking about, it is a BCD that goes around the lower back. A very compact piece of equipment.
steve.jpg

You can buy the whole Razor setup from Steve...

Go Side Mount - Steve Bogaerts

The website only sells the harness, the BCD isn't a part of it. This is actually the reason I am asking. I would like to buy the Razor Harness, but I also would like to use that kind of BCD to get the full benefit of the compactness of the Razor setup.

Its a MSR hydration bladder. Try google for sources.

Hydration bladder as in it is modified to be a BCD? Or is it just a hydration bladder and he is diving without a BCD?

Scratch that, I have found the info on how he uses it. The hydration bladder is connected around his waist with a bungee cord and he uses the tubed for drinking to orally inflate the bladder. He deflates it by pinching open the mouth piece used for inflation.

Last edited:
Some people even use Camelbak for small-of-the-back BC.

And yes, there are people who have dived and are currently diving without BCs. Frightening, isn't it?

Steve is supposed to be coming out with a BCD for the Razor "sometime soon". In the meantime, if you want more lift than the hydration bags, the Hollis SMS100 wing, 52 lbs of lift, will fit the harness, and UTD has a smaller wing, about 20 lb, which should work very well, since the UTD harness is quite similar to the Razor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom