Before they're gone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This guy said it and I read it see

View attachment 804633

"Now, the deterioration of these underwater relics has not just been accelerated by more frequent and intense storms believed to be driven by climate change, but through the colonization of the lakes by invasive zebra and quagga mussels from Europe, likely introduced in the Great Lakes through ballast water of international cargo ships."

Now I have had a fascination with those long bulk carriers with wheelhouse front and a box on the back
for years

Which one broke in two where one of the crew tried to jump the breach didn't make it with many others

The coolest were the Huletts

Good on ya Mr Hulett
Carl D. Bradley in November of 1958. Then the Daniel J Morrell in 1966 where the stern ran over the survivors and continued on for 5 more miles before sinking. Only one survivor.

Oh, and the grain elevators that were invented here in Buffalo too....

I liked the Whaleback boats...
One of those unique designs that overperformed for what they were made for, but were quickly obsolete and couldn't be modified. Here's the one we found in Lake Huron.

And here is a model of her sinking that I bought.
342419277_539829418331461_6298103408001959740_n.jpg

342393100_3476379002651422_7299340111829159391_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom