Belize Aggressor IV mooring breaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
If you haven’t heard the Aggressor IV’s mooring broke while we were diving and waves threw it onto the reef. It was a challenge getting to the boat and boarding. Lowest level flooded. Mayday sent and passenger’s transferred by several boats in area fishing. We are currently in Long Caye at Itza Resort. Crew and boats managed to retrieve almost all passengers’ possessions. Everyone Ok but boat will likely be out of service for awhile.

Good to hear that everyone is well. How close is the mooring to the reef? Seems an alert captain would have powered up and kept it off the reef.

It was the aquarium dive site. About 15 feet boat to bottom. Eric and I were not with the group but apparently they saw/heard the mooring go. Just told transferring to the III to return to Belize City. Got to go…

What site were you on when this happened?

Thanks, I see, Aquarium. The mooring broke, not something the boat can prepare for. However, with a watch, why did the boat go onto the reef and get damaged?

Glad to hear everybody is OK, thanks for the report. A hull breach sufficient to flood the lower level is pretty scary! I hope the BA IV is repaired quickly.

On the Aggressor III headed to Belize City. Aggressor IV still afloat and Captain on board. I only have a weaker intermittent cell service.

The reef is fine. The Aggressor’s hull and props are not.

i was diving so only have details secondhand. It all happened very fast. It seems they did engage the motors and tried something with a line but unsuccessful. One of the passengers not on the dive told us the boat was pushed forward onto the rocks despite efforts of the crew.

Back
Top Bottom