Belize's water temperture in early December???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Janni:
Peter and Hank:

Thanks to both of you. Yesterday we talked to the Nekton people in Florida. They said the reports they are getting from Belize is the water is running 75 to 79 degrees. They qualified that by saying we err on the cold side.

Anyway, we decided to buy 2 new 5/4 wetsuits and hoods. So we'll have 3/2's and 5/4's with us on the trip next week.

We're more concerned with how cold we get after 2 or 3 days of diving so hopefully we'll be fine with those 5/4's and a hood.

Don

Make sure you post a report when you come back for those of us who are going after.

When is your trip?

I will post a trip report but probably not for a day or 2 following our return, which is Dec 10th.

If there's something you are particularly interesting in knowing about let me know and I'll elaborate on it.

Don

DiveMe:
Make sure you post a report when you come back for those of us who are going after.

Don Janni:
One resource gives this statement: October-December Air temperatures can be 75° F to 80° F. Water temperature is usually 82° F to 86° F and in late December it drops to 80° F.

Another resource givers this statement: The waters of Belize are temperate and clear, making it ideal for divers and snorkelers. Temperatures range from 77-78 degrees Fahrenheit during the winter months to 83-84 degrees during the summer.

I can see a minimum 3 degree variance in those reports and that's enough to make a difference.

Does anyone have some accurate information?

Don
That actually sounds fairly consistent - the colder winter temps in the carrib tend to be Jan-Feb.

Don Janni:
When is your trip?

I will post a trip report but probably not for a day or 2 following our return, which is Dec 10th.

If there's something you are particularly interesting in knowing about let me know and I'll elaborate on it.

Don

Our trip is Dec. 17th, so plenty of time after you return. Don't know that there's anything specific except how your exposure protection worked for you. Otherwise a general trip report would be great! :D

Don,

If you do to the Nekton site and follow the link to water temperatures you will get a current map - assuming of surface temp. You have to convert C to F and do some interpolation of colors, but it gives you some idea.

See you Saturday!

OC

I'll take a look. Thx

ocpaul:
Don,

If you do to the Nekton site and follow the link to water temperatures you will get a current map - assuming of surface temp. You have to convert C to F and do some interpolation of colors, but it gives you some idea.

See you Saturday!

OC

Back
Top Bottom