Best All-Inclusive Resort in Roatan???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fred3798

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any tips please on the best (nicest, best facilities best food, best service) all-inclusive in Roatan. Not all of my family dives so I need a great resort to get them to come to a great place where can I can dive. I do not need an on site dive shop. I will find my way to great diving.

Thanks

Fred:D

Last edited:
Can you please give us some idea of what your family would like to do? Are there certain amenities that you will be looking for? Are they open to leaving the grounds of the resort to do other things?

I know of at least 5 places that claim to be in the top threeand of those three they all claim to be the BEST. Unless someone has stayed at each end every place cn they even have a clue as to what is best? Kind of like all those times you hear someone mention how they had "the best" open water instructor ever, Of course they usually only had ONE.
Let folks know what you seek, Take the time to speel out wants and needs, if you relly want the good feedback you need to put in some effort. Remember however, this is the Scuba Forum so most of the best relates to how good the diving and dive shop are. CCV gets great reviews for diving but they do not have the full kitchen with granite countertops and stainless appliances

CCV gets great reviews for diving but they do not have the full kitchen with granite countertops and stainless appliances

and that is why it is the "best" for me :D

He spelled it out pretty clearly -
(nicest, best facilities best food, best service) all-inclusive in Roatan. Not all of my family dives so I need a great resort to get them to come to a great place where can I can dive. I do not need an on site dive shop. I will find my way to great diving.

It's not going to be Fantasy Island or CCV.

It's Infinity Bay, Mayan Princess, Henry Morgan, Anthony's Key, Parrot Tree...

Get on TripAdvisor.com Fred. Scubaboard the reviews are going to be heavily influenced by diving which is low on your list.

Thanks Mike. Thank you all for you contributions. I did look on Trip Advisor but there are so many people with differetn levels of expectation, plants and haters there that it is tough to know who to trust. I do realize that divers tend toward the places that maximize diving and minimize the cost of accomodation. But there are some who look for the best of both worlds. Diving is not at all low on my list. That is why I am considering Roatan at all. I just know that I will be able to find a great dive shop without too much trouble either on Scubaboard or through other sdiving friends. My current issue is finding a beautiful spot to stay while I dive. I was indeed looking for the nicest - as in the biggest, cleanest, most modern rooms, best food, biggest, cleanest pool, most luxurious (using that word advisedly in Roatan) resort. I want a really nice place for others to stay and lounge by the pool, play on the beach, have decent meals, while I dive. Or, is Roatan a site that is best left to diving and we should go elsewhere for family vacations with non-divers? For example, I was in Cozumel in March. I would not spend 5 seconds there but for diving. I stayed at the Presidente which had beautiful rooms. But the pool, food and beach were mediocre at best. The town was a port with the same crappy cruiseship stores and very mediocre, albeit cheap, food. Awesome place for diving though.

CCV.. The diving is great, 4 boat dives, plenty of food, shore dives on 2 beautiful reefs... pretty much has everything.... You may want to bring your own night life...

The only place that meets all of your requirements with the exception of food is Infinity Bay. It is a Condo complex so all rooms are condos from studios to 3 bedrooms, granite kitchens, baths, etc. Very nice huge pool right in front of rooms, and excellent snorkeling right in front. For food, I suggest you go into West End and Sandy Bay area for your evening meals. On West Bay Beach and vicinity, i will eat at Beachers, Thirsty Turtle (BanannaRama), Hungry Monkey and Mangiomo's. The rest in my opinion, (there are exceptions) are overpriced and of poor quality. And I spend about 5 months a year there in the West Bay area.

Back
Top Bottom