Best Dive Boat now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CIDA uses a good selection of SoCal boats, have a look:

That thing is old!!
It is, but Kevin has been busting ass over the offseason and he is catching up on years of deferred maintenance. It's one of the few boats that has been able to keep up with the new overnight mandates, but I think they are mostly doing day trips. The Giant Stride is a nice six pack. The Peace was my favorite but it's gone downhill under current ownership.

I just found out the other day that the Cee Ray is gone as well. Sad how so many dive boats are now gone compared when I first started diving here in southern Cal.

It is, but Kevin has been busting ass over the offseason and he is catching up on years of deferred maintenance. It's one of the few boats that has been able to keep up with the new overnight mandates, but I think they are mostly doing day trips. The Giant Stride is a nice six pack. The Peace was my favorite but it's gone downhill under current ownership.
I just found out that the Cee Ray is no more :(.

For the Channel Islands, the Spectre is the best!
I like the Spectre (great crew, great BBQ) but day trips to Anacapa don't scratch the surface of what the Channel Islands have to offer.

I am thinking I need a bigger boat so I can do 2-3 days at Barbara/Cruz/Rosa/Miguel/Clemente (my favorite).

Sadly, the heyday of California dive boats is over. It was fun while it lasted.

I like the Spectre (great crew, great BBQ) but day trips to Anacapa don't scratch the surface of what the Channel Islands have to offer.

I am thinking I need a bigger boat so I can do 2-3 days at Barbara/Cruz/Rosa/Miguel etc.

Sadly, the heyday of California dive boats is over. It was fun while it lasted.
When the Magician was around they would go to SBI and SCI as well. The only time I went to Miguel was on one of the Vision boats. I used to go on the Peace every so often. Oh well the days of boat diving aren't the same s they used to be :(.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom