Best diving in Pensacola area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freddie

Registered
Reaction score
I will be in the Pensacola area in Juna and have booked a trip with the Scuba Shack. Can anyone comment on the two remaining other dive boats, the Gotta-Go and the MBT Divers?
Which is best?
Thanks!
Freddie

Originally posted by freddie
Can anyone comment on the two remaining other dive boats, the Gotta-Go and the MBT Divers?
Which is best?
Thanks!

Although I live just an hour from Pensacola, I can only comment on Destin and Panama City diving. If you decide to dive a little east of Pensacola, post again and I will clue you in to Destin. Rick Murchison can tell you about Panama City.

The guys at MBT are really cool. I would dive with them again. My only warning would be careful of the turtle on the wreck of the three brothers. That mother f#%^er bit me last year. I still have a large scare on my upper arm.

KLJ

Don't think you can go much wrong in Pensacola - and there are several smaller boats - six-packs - that go out of Old River (across from the Flora Bama) and Gulf Shores/Orange Beach.
If you're new to the Gulf, the general rule is "in the Gulf you get what you get." By that I mean you never know from day to day or even from hour to hour just what conditions will be - you can go from pristine to horrible in a heartbeat, and vice versa.
So... good luck.
Rick :)

Hi,
I too, am going to be in Pensacola in June, and would like to spend a few days diving. Would appreciate any comments/suggestions about where to go/ what to see/ best dive operators. etc. Destin is not too far away, and was hoping for some suggestions about Destin, too. My wife and I will be diving together, and are looking for a dive operator with smaller groups of people, say, less than 8 per dive boat. I was in Destin many years ago, and I remember the water was very beautiful, but I did not dive back then. Comments?

Thanks,
Dave

I dove with Viking Diving in July of 2002. The dive sites were fantastic with high vis. (80-100ft). Wrecks with lots of tropicals swimming about.

The operation itself was friendly, if a bit disorganized. For instance, I made it clear over the phone when making reservations and when confirming, that I was flying in from out of town the night prior to the dive. Yet when we showed up we almost didn't get to dive as the captain had made the assumption we were bringing our own air.

If you choose them make sure you bring anything you might need. No drinks, food, etc are available.

Overall I rate a C+/B-.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom