Best global locations for rebreather diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw someone asking about Malapascua earlier in the thread.

Evolution there can do O2, Helium to 200+ bar, have sofnolime, about every size tank you might need. Not sure about DPV rental.
What did you see when you dove with them? I’m especially interested in seeing the large sharks I’m told are frequent there.

What did you see when you dove with them? I’m especially interested in seeing the large sharks I’m told are frequent there.
Thresher sharks and tiger sharks. Matt at Evolution said they see bull sharks as well down deep but I did not see any.

Any one with recommendations for oceana or South Pacific? I’m looking for Fiji, Palau, eastern Australia and New Zealand. Strangely Oz and Nz have been the hardest to find anything.

UK, sorry I mean the British Isles...

Scapa Flow in Orkney, Scotland, is great diving where a lot of dive boats operate. It's relatively shallow with a max of 45m/150ft and is sheltered so you won't loose too many days if the weather's bad. It isn't easy to get to as it's at the back of beyond and three days past that on a yak. The diving and the history of the diving is great though. Generally considered to be a should do dive.

Malin Head in north west Ireland is utterly amazing diving, probably the best around the British Isles. There's big wrecks at 70m/230ft MOD2+ depths and deeper at MOD3 depths which are simply sublime. There's a couple of boats which go out of Malin both are well set up and supply gas. You will need to arrange for rentals which can be done through people who organise trips up there (Kieran Hatton divingindepth.co.uk who took these photos). I've been a couple of times and it's easily the best technical diving I've done. Weather's an issue though. We managed five of the six days but made a trip up to the Giant's Causeway for the off day (highly recommended).

Submarine at 70m/230ft:
View attachment 795689
View attachment 795692
The "Dutch Titanic", the Justicia:
View attachment 795690
Laurentic at 40m/130ft:
View attachment 795691
Look closely at the Sherman tanks on the Empire Heritage:
View attachment 795693
Photos are great. Which time of year were they taken? I am assuming they were taken below the 100ft mark if I read the posting correctly.

Photos are great. Which time of year were they taken? I am assuming they were taken below the 100ft mark if I read the posting correctly.
Most at 70m/230ft with one at 40m/130ft in July.

I have not been to Truk at all. But, a good friend of mine has been to Truk, on the Odyssey, with his CCR, 3 times. And he is the.. uhhh... senstive type. He says it is top notch. I am SUPER stoked to be going in April!
Been on the Odyssey twice with my CCR - they are top notch and I would definitely go again. Ask in advance for sorb and they will get it. They have O2 and a booster, and bank 18/35 and 10/50 (as I roughly recall).

For the Red Sea - as someone mentioned previously for liveaboards then Red Sea Explorers is the go - trimix, sorb, cylinders, scooters all on board - when you email ask for Faisal. As you can see the vis is absolutely horrible - this is the Gulf Fleet 31 in 102 metres...
1711274270612.jpeg

Amazing! Almost looks like a murmur of starlings above the wreck. Stunning vis and so light at that depth!

GREAT photo! Shame about the vis though.:shakehead:

Which lens, if I may ask?

Amazing! Almost looks like a murmur of starlings above the wreck. Stunning vis and so light at that depth!
That is one of the great things about the Red Sea - vis and ambient light is incredible. It actually catches a lot of people out though as the huge amount of ambient light makes them think that they are still quite shallow but they are a lot deeper than they thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom