Best guide to use in Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the great insights on dive operators in Belize. I'm in touch with Island Divers and trying to work out details. They seem like great folks.

One more question. We don't use nitrox ...just plain old oxygen ... so typically don't go deeper than 100 feet. At that depth, is the Blue Hole still worth diving (hoping the answer is YES) ...

And, people keep mentioning Amigos Del Mar for that dive. Is that the best option? I have heard the bigger the boat the better as it can be a rocky ride out there. Wisdom?

Thanks again!! We're getting very excited for our trip!!!

One more question. We don't use nitrox ...just plain old oxygen ... so typically don't go deeper than 100 feet. At that depth, is the Blue Hole still worth diving (hoping the answer is YES) ...

I hope you are diving with plain air and not plain oxygen. :wink: Your MOD on oxygen would be 20 feet with a PP02 of 1.61.

Also, I hope that your dive operator will not allow you to go any deeper than 60 feet in the Blue Hole because you do not have the experience to go any deeper. I did 13 dives in Belize in March, 2010 and the only dive that I did without nitrox was in the Blue Hole because I wanted to go deeper than the MOD for the banked 32% EAN. I have never spoken with anyone who has done the Blue Hole who actually enjoyed the dive and thought it was worth the time and expense. There's nothing to see except when you get deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom