Best handle/light setup for GoProHero 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flspy

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a GoPro Hero2 with the GoPro UW housing.

Now I need:

Some type of handle/bracket combination. The case is just to small by itself.

Lights, preferably 2, to mount on said brackets.

Anybody know of a good solution that doesn't cost 3 times what the camera cost?

im looking to adding a light myself to my setup

. 533247_3764400667698_219300218_n.jpg

thinking on just adding a light like this guy did.
a693481a-0da3-aac9.jpg

Look at this tray and their arms, flex arms and torch holders from Snake River Prototyping- About Our Products

You can also mount ball and clamp arms to the handles.

I have the tray and love it.

Last edited:
I have been using the Light & Motion GoPro Action Cam Kit. If I don't take the Sola 1200 Light then the arms (leave only about 4/5 Loc lines on each side) serve as handles. I have the Dive Housing w/Monitor back and this set up is awesome.

GoPro_Tray_front.jpg

Right now I only have 1 Sola 1200 but I am going to add another one. Here is a recent video I shot off NJ Coast in 170' of water.

NJ/LI Wreck Dive Summerstad (Virginia) 8-19-12.mov - YouTube

Here is a solution from Light for Me: GoPro Video Lighting System

---------- Post Merged at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:46 AM ----------

I have been using the Light & Motion GoPro Action Cam Kit. If I don't take the Sola 1200 Light then the arms (leave only about 4/5 Loc lines on each side) serve as handles. I have the Dive Housing w/Monitor back and this set up is awesome.

View attachment 133329
This is a very good set I think, but it sure isn't cheap....

I bought this one and the Goodman handle seemed like a good idea at the time but unless you are used to one it has limitations. I also question the lumen output of the lights as they seem very similar to a 700 lumen light I have, and not nearly as bright as a 1000 lumen light I have. For he lights and the mounts though it is a very good deal.

We have a pretty compact system which is completely modular. You can pick what length arms you would like, and if you want double or single handles. You can start slim, and move up as budget or your needs require. The picture on the website shows with our Pro Mini, but the Pro4 if you want brighter, and wider coverage can also be used.

Arm Control Systems

Here is a solution from Light for Me: GoPro Video Lighting System

---------- Post Merged at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:46 AM ----------

This is a very good set I think, but it sure isn't cheap....

You also get what you pay for..........I'm amazed how many people waste hundreds of dollars on a DIY set-up of narrow focus pin point torches or dive lights to only get it right the 3rd time on good wide beam soft lighting for video.

buy it once, do it right. "Affordable" all depends on your end desires/wants/results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom