Best island (s) for land based diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve never been to Bohol so can’t compare. The area of Moalboal where the dive centres are IS hectic. That wasn’t what I was looking for, but when I was younger and travelling alone it would have been fun - restaurants and bars lined up near dive shops, with great access to diving from shore and boats
i guess more importantly is how the diving itself compares in the two places. i do just as much snorkeling as diving do i guess i settled on moalboal because of the easy proximity to both...... i guess i need to visit bohol panglao to be able to compare first hand

i guess more importantly is how the diving itself compares in the two places. i do just as much snorkeling as diving do i guess i settled on moalboal because of the easy proximity to both...... i guess i need to visit bohol panglao to be able to compare first hand
Having been to both places in the last month, Panglao is very much more developed and hectic compared to Moalboal. Panglao feels a lot like Boracay where you are constantly being asked by random people to join their tours/island hopping/whaleshark thing. This is constant every 2 minutes. It's also expensive, noisy, and you're walking along the road with no sidewalks and lots of traffic. The diving is generally good, Balicasag in particular if you like walls and reefs. Lots of green turtles there.

Personally I prefer the more remote areas of Bohol such as Anda or Cabilao Island, but they are several hours travel from the airport in Tagbilaran whereas Panglao is a 15 minute ride away.

Moalboal I thought the diving was comparable to Panglao, Pescador island was quite nice. The sardines are obviously a big draw as well though that is a crowded area with both divers and snorkelers. There are less options for nicer resorts in Moalboal for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom