Best Lobster Boat for Opening Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone been on a Multi-Day for opener? Any recommendations? I may pony up and hit opening night this year (Kyle, your boat doesn't count...) and I'm looking for recommendations?

Cortes Banks? San Nick? San Miguel?

Great Escape? Horizon? Pac Star? Other?

More interested in location. I can get there, I'm sure.

Thanks all.

Ken

That's right, October 1st is the opening day this year and that is just around the corner. Way to think ahead.

pasley:
That's right, October 1st is the opening day this year and that is just around the corner. Way to think ahead.

Truth is: I'm a terrible lobster hunter. One of the worst ever. Not that I think a boat will make a significant difference, but I figger if I can get out to where they are, maybe I have a better chance of bagging a few.

Arnaud and I hit pretty consistently in his secret spot in Malibu - at least 1 - 3 every night we went out.

But on most trips, I'm the clown with the empty bag...

---
Ken

Ahh, but I have a new boat now, hehe. Opening night at San Clemente would be pretty darn fun.

i'm going to cortez banks, not sure what boat, i think it is one of the truth aquatics boats..anyway, it's my first trip bug hunting and i can't wait!!

whalerkyle:
Ahh, but I have a new boat now, hehe. Opening night at San Clemente would be pretty darn fun.
San Clemente, "Home of the Shorts..." :wink:

Haven't they, like, banned you from their waters? Aren't you one of those "shoot on sight, ask questions later" people over there....?

---
Ken

PS: I'm thinking of hitting Cbanks, too. Its about the same ride from LA or SD. Man, its a haul out there.

Begg Rock,,,,,,,,,thats the place.

mossym:
i'm going to cortez banks, not sure what boat, i think it is one of the truth aquatics boats..anyway, it's my first trip bug hunting and i can't wait!!

That is where i am going on fridqay night - Pacific Star out of redondo - see you there. 1st time hunting yea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom