Best Mix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gerald, it's your dive so it's your decision, and you know more about the environment and your training than we do. That said, if you're trained and rigged for deco and gas switching, Mike's got the idea I like best - back gas EANx32, and switch to 50/50 at 70ft. I dive a lot off the NC coast in similar conditions, and this works great - O2 bottle isn't worth the trouble for short stuff.

Best mix for this dive is 30/30 with 50%O2 for deco. Second dive the same.

Messing around with a second deco mix for this depth is unnecessary. You are increasing your task loading for a minimal benefit.

Running elevated PPO2 is increasing your risk for a CNS hit with minimal benefit.

If you are trying to limit your decompression time than limit your bottom time. Simple concept.

omar

I think Cave Diver has it pegged pretty good. The question leads me to also ask if you have had the appropriate training for the dives you are proposing. These are questions that a properly trained nitrox diver is capable of answering themselves.

If you haven't had the training, then ask yourself if it's worth your life or serious injury to be an "experimental" diver? Hopefully the answer is no.

And please, don't take my response as bashing you. I hope all divers who desire to get the chance to experience the depth and time on the bottom that you are asking for. But only after obtaining proper training for an experienced and accredited instructor. In otherwords, instead of providing a direct answer to your question, I am advising being cautious and seeking good training.

Why do you say you can only do one dive? I'm not familiar with Z-Plan but I think it's the superceded version of V-Planner, no? Why are you using that?

It's really not a very advanced dive on the surface of it unless you make it into one.

Assuming you don't have trimix training/access, I would say do this as a simple nitrox dive, standard NNI (32%) mix and stay within the NDL. I would think (without cutting tables to check) that a few hours SI and you could go again, for a bit less time of course.

If you had the advanced training I don't think you'd need to ask these questions so I would keep it simple. If it's a remote location, be careful going into deco, especially with gas switches unless this is far from your first rodeo.

1.6 on the bottom is a stupid idea. Then you going to do 1.6 all the way through deco? Hmmmmmm..... Not me. I do 1.6 on my last deco stop, that's it.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom