Best place in Silicon Valley/SF Bay area for diving lessons?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my Rescue cert at Wallins Dive Center in San Carlos. They have a good teaching setup -- large pool + good classrooms. They operated my class even though I was the only student! They have good rental equipment too.

I was not impressed with Diver Dans. Bad attitude all around, and their equipment, at least at that time, was old. Worst thing was that I managed to lose a weight belt that I rented from them, probably from a bad buckle because it was really old. They of course, asked for payment, which was reasonable, but I had to pay full retail price for the belt even though during the weekend I rented it, they replaced all their belts with brand new ones. They were really surly when I complained about that.

Better, at least attitude and equipment wise, is Splash Aquatics, practically next door to Diver Dans. Also Stan's Scuba in San Jose has an on-site pool and they seem quite nice.

-Simon

I did my certifications at Diver Dan's in Santa Clara. They have some great instructors and knowledgable service staff. I've visited Any Water Sports in San Jose, just to check out their equipment, and they seem like a good shop too. Capt. Aqua's in Hayward has some friendly guys, I think they're putting in a pool too.

Go Sharks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom