Best Retro Eatery with the Best Drinks and Worst Food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"The other boaters were looking very worried."
Did you forget you were driving again and leave the helm to get another beer, again?

Don't count on it being there very long, so get your fill while it's still there. Place will cease to exist when the owner, who lives upstairs, passes on and land will likely be taken over by the nearby cement recycling plant, much to the chagrin of us Keehi boaters. The owner, Annette is 92 and tried to sell the bar but got no takers.

On evenings, when she is up to it she will still walk around and greet the patrons.

yea, I see her sitting in that big chair sometimes.

I think they fry stuff a little too long....

But it is a very cool place in many ways.

Those Tikis are OLD....

She looks pretty healthy to me.

They have some interesting vessels down there. Some of them are held together with shower curtains and chewing gum.
(not that there is anything wrong with that)

Don't they have to start er up and show they can move to be there?

You should have seen Keehi in the old days back when I first started sailing! I took classes thru the UH outdoor recreation program back in the early '90's. That whole are a that is now a water-sports rec area was just a field of sand and kiawe. We'd have to hike to a couple of containers about where the parking lot is now, where the program stored their sunfish and lasers. In addition, there were "boats" moored all the way down to practically the sewage treatment plant. Mind you, I'm being quite generous with the term "boats". Floating trash heaps rafted together with strange characters living aboard. Was one right out from the place where we launched the boats that had a skinny, boney, wrinkled old salt with penchant for the clothing optional lifestyle - absolutely the ugliest thing you've ever seen nekkid!

One of the gals in my class would get freaked out whenever she got near his "vessel" and manage to capsize her boat. Then the guy would stand out on the edged of his floating wreck and yell at her, "You're doing it all wrong!"

As years went by, they've tightened up their regulations quite a bit!

Back
Top Bottom