best travel fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastore.com (Spain) has the Accel for ≈50$+ shipping and taxes

Personally, I'd avoid them.

But if you are going to order from them contact them first and get confirmation that they actually have them in stock.

I tried to order a pair last September, they were showing as in stock, then they contact me saying 2-3 days, then 7, then a few weeks, then the new year, then no idea. I gave up and ordered from ScubaToys. This is not the first time or second or third or even fourth that this or similar has happened using Scubastore.com. A fiend of mine has also had numerous problems with them. In my experience, good prices but shocking service.

I no longer use them, the cheap prices are not worth the, more often than not, associated headaches. I'd stick with LP.

I bought a second pair of Accels from LP a while back for $50. The price was so good I couldnt pass it up. It seems like LP radomly puts stuff on sale. I think the Accels have more than enough power for 90% of the diving I do. I'm going to put them to the test in Socorro in 2 weeks...lots of current. Last year I used APS Mantarays, while I was able to keep up (pass some people) it felt like I had to work a little harder. At one point I was not able to circle around a pinnacle against current and had to stay on one side. Not sure if it was the fins or the diver. This year I'm going to see if the Accels do better. I'm also bringing some Mares Avanti Quatro + to see how they compare.

I don't bother with fins, just use what ever the dive op supplies, in the same way as I do with lead. Loads easier than carrying them as luggage.
If I new there was going to be severecurrent then that might change but for warm water and recreational diving it's fine.
The same does NOT apply to BC, Regs, and computer.

I'm just back from St-Martin, i bought a pair of accel for that trip. They do pretty well the job at both flutter and frog. Not very powerful but enough for vacation diving. I used to travel with slipstream but I find them too big to travel with.

Back
Top Bottom