Best way to stow/ restow 7' hose on sidemounted bailouts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in those situations would you not have individual bailout for that situation and then team stages? Never heard of doing team bailout while in restrictions. You would typically plumb a BOV into your dil tank if you have one, then have usually an AL40 as on-board bailout for you. If you are planning team bailout in those situations you're crazy, I have no issues with team bailout, but not when you're in any sort of restriction.

Just playing the Devil's advocate.... Not necessarily a restriction as such, I'm talking low, narrow tunnels, like the catacombs in Ginnie or the water source tunnel in Peacock. in Ginnie. They go quite a ways before opening up. My instructor teaches both team & individual bailout. He prefers individual, but does teach team bailout to comply with standards. I do not have a BOV on my unit. Purely offboard bailout on my part. I am being trained to dive with 2AL 80's. I agree, some dives DO require different gas planning, no doubt.

My thinking for rebreather bailout hose lengths - and what I do.

Left side is deep mix and has a 5' hose. This tank is always on and the reg is on a necklace.
Right side (and all other tanks) have 40" hoses and is pressurized and then turned off.

Even in a tight passage it is possible to donate the 5' hose. Granted, someone may have their head close to their buddies butt, but it does work. It will work even when scootering.

I was forced by one instructor to have a 7' hose for a class, even after proving it unnecessary. Sometimes it takes a while for standards to adapt to the new technology.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom