Bicuspid aortic valve, dilated aortic root and dilated LV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

katarmis

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi all,

I have a bicuspid aortic valve with mind regurgitation, aortic root 47x45mm, z score +5.27 and ascending aorta (37x35mm) dilated LV (LVEDD: 61mm), preserved global function (LVEF:59%).

I am 70kg, 174cm and 39 year old.

I have consulted 2 cardiologists and I have gotten a mixed feedback (one excluded diving and the second one didn't, just advised to stay in swallow water and not do something extreme).

I know that an online consultation is impossible, I just need some advise if I should be entirely excluded from diving and choose another hobby, or not.

Thank you in advance :)

Hi all,

I have a bicuspid aortic valve with mind regurgitation, aortic root 47x45mm, z score +5.27 and ascending aorta (37x35mm) dilated LV (LVEDD: 61mm), preserved global function (LVEF:59%).

I am 70kg, 174cm and 39 year old.

I have consulted 2 cardiologists and I have gotten a mixed feedback (one excluded diving and the second one didn't, just advised to stay in swallow water and not do something extreme).

I know that an online consultation is impossible, I just need some advise if I should be entirely excluded from diving and choose another hobby, or not.

Thank you in advance :)
This thread has some information in it that you may find helpful. Also, @Dr. Doug Ebersole is still active on the board so he may have additional insight.

Best regards,
DDM

I was 47, raced mountain and road bikes, ate well, rarely drank, never smoked, low body fat, normal lipid profile, no familial cardiac history and somehow ended up int he cath lab with an occluded circumflex which required stenting. No cardiologist could have predicted that... they actually diagnosed my chest pain as GERD initially.

My advice, worry less, dive more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom