big critters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If a rich zillionaire like myself were to come up to you and say,
"take me diving with you and if we get to dive with massive critters (whales, whale sharks, schooling hammerheads, etc), I'll reward you with a million dollars,"
...where would we go? and when?

And don't say, "why the big stuff? why not the little stuff?"
We're already doing that next month - Bonaire! yee haw!

Just Hawaii, or anywhere?

For Hawaii, probably off the island of Niihau.

Elsewhere, Cocos Island, Coast Rica.

Diving with the whales is hard to do as they are protected. The boat isn't supposed to approach them with in so many feet etc. Fiji, Tonga, places like that, where the laws aren't so strict you can get closer (at your own risk). We don't have that many whale sharks around here, we've seen a couple in the past 10 years, - better chances in Austrailia for that.

cra2:
If a rich zillionaire like myself were to come up to you and say,
"take me diving with you and if we get to dive with massive critters (whales, whale sharks, schooling hammerheads, etc), I'll reward you with a million dollars,"
...where would we go? and when?

And don't say, "why the big stuff? why not the little stuff?"
We're already doing that next month - Bonaire! yee haw!

Cocos islands off of Costa Rica come to mind, also the southern tip of Baja Mexico has all the above, you have to hit both sites at the right time of year to get the schooling hammerheads, but man, wouldn't that be worth it.

p.s. since your a zillionaire would you mind taking some of the rest of us along?

justleesa:
[...] We don't have that many whale sharks around here, we've seen a couple in the past 10 years [...]

It was a good year in Kona for them. For some people, anyway :11ztongue *I* never got to see one,
but everyone felt compelled to call me and rub it in when they did ...

I always bring my "whaleshark avoidance device" with me in my dive bag (it's also known as a snorkel).

Bay of Banderas, Puerto Vallarta. Lots of Mantas, the Orcas are back and during the winter lots of Humpbacks. Whale sharks are up by San Blas but we have seen them at El Morro too. Large numbers of Dolphins, especially durring the sardine runs.

If you give me a million dollars I can get you in the water with some big critters in morro bay california. give me a days notice so I can start chumming.
thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom