big steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbrewer

Reaction score
thinking of picking up a steel 120 since my wife is wanting me to pull only one dive a weekend for a while,at least till my new daughter is old enough to dive:D I saw leisure pro had some choices. Has any one bought tanks from them? Are you just paying for the oms name on a faber? Any guidence with this purchase would be greatly appreciated:confused:

OMS tanks have far better rust protection than other Faber/Scubalux tanks.My 9yr old OMS lp 95s look almost new.My 3yr old Faber/Scubalux are patchwork of primer and paint over rust .I always rinse after diving and both get equal use.

I can't address the 'rust' issue.....I own 2 Faber LP 120 steel's, but use protective tank mesh, so no rust issues as of now.

I've been very pleased with mine so far.....LP's can be 'overfilled'........so if you only go up to 3300 PSI, you get 150 cu. ft. of air......which is like diving a pair of AL 80's, but much lighter and less bulky than doubles.

Just make sure you can handle the weight.......you might want to borrow/rent one to see if you can cope with it.

I'm not a big guy, and at 1st they were a little intimidating, at least on dry land, but it wasn't long before I got accustomed to it, so now I'm comfortable with them. and the added safety/endurance is well worth it.

None of my local shops rented them (the biggest anyone offers is an AL 100) so I took a chance on them and bought them on faith......which worked out well for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom