Big Tuff Full Mesh Gear Bag ..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MR12111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello , Looking for Ideas on a big mesh dive bag Burnt out Dive Boat Capt. looking to get back into this after a Long layoff .. I have my Gear sorted out ..but the bag I have is shot .. There was a customer of mine who made bags (25 years ago) the mesh was 1/2 inch and it was rubber or vinyl coated ..Big mesh ..heavy duty and BIG ... The biggest bag I can find now is Mares 37.5 X 15 from the cruise collection ..this is sorta big enough but the material is this same weak floppy stuff ...... Please .. Looking for recommendations anyone seen any bags like this .... Thinking of having one made ..I think this is the type materiel I'd use ... Thanks for any help you can give me

Check this out from Stahlsac. Bring Everything But The Water
Thanks ...That will be Perfect for what I need .. Looooong time ago ..when I worked at Frank's Dive Shop ..Riveria Beach a customer made some this size or maybe even a little bigger and the Mesh was twice the size and highly rubberized ... I abused that bag for years ... I bet they'd sell if someone made them ... Thanks for your help

When did you work for Frank’s, I worked there in the early nineties!
Mid 80's ... Capt Bob Johnson was the main Capt of the Shark Killer ... Worked with Ray Davis , Roy Bennetts , Frankie Stora was the Manager ... Filled a Billion Tanks in that tank fill station ..It was the best one I've ever seen ..3 way valves on the fill whips ... refrigerated water in the tank ..we would sometimes cool our beer in there .. Frank sold to some guys from Colorado last i knew ..Then I moved on to Divers Unlimited and then the Keys ...
Fat ass Capt Don ..on the Diversion ...Divers Unlimited's 40 ft delta ...on the mercedes wreck ..this pic was in skin diver mag when they did an article on Divers Unlimited ..The owner Dave was pissed I got the coverage as I had already given my 2 weeks notice ...

Attachments

• 20221127_133823.jpg
    20221127_133823.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 70

Specifications:

• 42” long x 16” wide
  • Hand straps double as shoulder straps
  • Rust resistant zippers
  • Durable ballistic mesh material
  • Two zippered end pockets for small items

..when I worked at Frank's Dive Shop ..Riveria Beach
Holy Crap that's a long time ago and I remember that shop.
Singer Island didn't have any of those tall condos and hotels and Sail Fish marina was tiny.

I have been using the #145 and it pretty well fits everything I need for deeper cold water shipwreck diving. Maybe the #146 would work best for your use case?

The only dig I have on it is that there is no shoulder strap supplied with it. However, there are attachment points.

When did you work for Frank’s, I worked there in the early nineties!
Do you know what ever happened to the Air Storage Tanks Frank had out Back ? They were Huge Submarine Surplus Tanks ... Frank would freak if he caught us pumping them over 3000 .. I half expected to hear about the whole neighborhood going up when 1 of those corroded thru ...Ha

Holy Crap that's a long time ago and I remember that shop.
Singer Island didn't have any of those tall condos and hotels and Sail Fish marina was tiny.
AKA "the good old days " ha ..before nitrox ..heck the shop had 1 "Edge" dive computer they would strap on which ever divemaster would be doing 3 trips that day ...The Greenhouse on Singer Island seemed to be our official Hangout ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom