Biggest Dive Knife Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Sea Hawk has a seven inch blade. I have a survival knife that is about twelve inches on the blade and another about nine inches. They are stainless and can serve as a dive knife.

Unfortunately we are in an era of politically correct thought where men have been fooled into thinking small knives are proper by the feminist establishment. N

Nemrod:
Unfortunately we are in an era of politically correct thought where men have been fooled into thinking small knives are proper by the feminist establishment. N

We can fool them back... with folding knives.:jestera:

In Monterey, air fills are easy walking distance from the breakwater. I often walk down the street with my shark-beheader on my calf because I forgot to take it off. I mean, it isn't concealed, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were an ordinance in Monterey prohibiting wearing knives just BECAUSE of all the divers! Just try to take it away!!

Opened up my treasure chest to check out the relics. I still have two Wenoka Blackie Collins Z-lock bad boys measue 11'' from pommel to tip.

The very FIRST piece of gear I bought in 1971 outside the oval mask and j snorkle and heavy rubber fins WAS,,, a 'big ***' DACOR knife....was like a bowie knife!!!

I still have my old, orange handle Wenoka Pro in a closet somewhere.
Just as gentleman's ties vasilate between narrow and wide, maybe HUGE knives will make a come back?
Nah, I don't think so, either!
Stephen

Second vote for the Swimaster. Mine has a black grip.The blade is 7 7/8 and overall is 12 3/8. If I could find the end cap the O/L would be a bit longer. I carried it diving a couple times then put it away. Later, I used it to break up the bones in deer. Basically, the blade is placed between the vertebrae and hit with a hammer. That's when the cap flew off. One of several knives I've recovered from the briny deep, and the biggest I've seen.

I own a old 12" Dacor knife that must weight at least 3 lbs ....... I only use it when I need extra weight otherwise I prefer a small knife clipped to my Areis BC

I believe the one I bought to kill hammerheads in N Carolina in '72 was a US Divers. Big one it was, SS with flat pommel, inch marks, serrated, line notch, black plastic handle and double edged tip.

I have to admit that when I got back into diving a couple of years ago I was disappointed that the trend had gotten "practical". If somebody hadn't taken a liking to it and stolen it I'd be tempted to wear it for the looks!

When I dove in NC with this knife I used it for everything. Prying anchors out of the sand, poking things I didn't want to touch, stabalizing against a current and putting tension on an alternator after a belt broke. So now I'm off to ebay for a little look see...

Wenoka had a series of collector's knives. The SeaLab knife could be used as a leg splint.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom