Biscayne? Key Largo? 6 packs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidsdream:
Guys - if the wind is blowing near 15knts the day before and it is looking to be the same for the day you are going dive, you should call Biscayne up in advance.

That operator will cancel trips when almost everybody else in Southern Florida is going out. On my first trip they scubbed our scheduled wall dive about 1/2 way out and we did some good shallow dives.

The second time I tried them they cancelled the dives after I drove up from KL.

It depends on who's driving the boat that day. They used to have three different captains when they offered daily trips (as a franchise of Divers Unlimited) although I'm not sure how many they have now.
I put 15 on their boat back in April and they ran in conditions that were borderline IMO but it kept everyone happy.

Also, we now have ten divers on this trip.

Sounds great - and hopefully, mother nature will cooperate! Thanks - looking forward to meeting y'all!

Also, HMS Minnow isn't available that last week in Jan - any other recommendations for a 6 pack or small boat in the Key Largo area? Our local DS owner suggests we make the Benwood a "must see."

creekland:
Our local DS owner suggests we make the Benwood a "must see."

The Beenwood is a great wreck and also a great reef. it's been down so long that there is a huge amount of coral growth all over it. It's the perfect "2nd dive" after diving the Spiegel Grove, which is nearby.

The beenwood is also a great wreck for photos. shallow and lots of sealife with the coral.

deepstops:
I just reserved spots for me and two other buddies. This trip is now a definite go :14:
We'll see you Saturday the 27th about 745ish.

Does anyone else want to join us? Call 305-230-1100 to make your reservation.

Is anyone else going to join Creekland and myself for this dive??
Last time I spoke with the park, it was just Creek and his four buddies and me and my four buddies. (total ten divers)
We'll be having lunch at El Toro Taco in "downtown" Homestead after the dive if that's an enticement to anyone :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom