Block Island Wrecks... Aug 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by raxafarian
Jeff... I see you're heading out to some offshore wrecks sat? Have a great time.

ps. If you want to crash at our place sat. the 10th, your welcome to.... we're an hour from Charlestown, RI.

Thanks for the offer... but I think I made it in about 1 1/2 hours last time, so heading down to you then back up would be a bit of a haul! :)

looking good according to the latest "guesscast" ... although it changes every day, of course.

Forecast as of 3:01 am EDT on August 8, 2002
Synopsis-
Synopsis
High pres in the upper Great Lakes will shift slowly to the mid atlc coast through Fri then become stationary from Virginia and North Carolina to just south of New England this weekend into early next week.
Forecast as of 3:01 am EDT on August 8, 2002
Block Island Sound-
Buzzards Bay-
Coastal Waters From Montauk Ny To Block Island Ri To Marthas Vineyard
Ma To Nantucket Ma And 20 Nm Southeast-Nantucket Sound-
Rhode Island Sound-
Vineyard Sound-
Today
NW wind 10 to 15 kts becoming SW during the afternoon. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
Tonight
SW wind becoming NW around 10 kts toward midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
Fri
NW wind around 10 kts early...becoming SW 10 to 15 kts late. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
Fri Night
SW wind 10 to 15 kts becoming W late. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
Sat
W wind 10 to 15 kts becoming SW late. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
Sat Night
SW wind 10 to 15 kts. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
Sun
SW wind around 15 kts. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
Mon
SW wind 15 to 20 kts. Seas 2 to 4 ft.

I generally don't check the nautical weather until the day before... their predictions on land weather is bad enough, nautical is even worse!

I didn't quite get my harness completed yet, Primarily I have to find some SS bolt snaps [gonna hit a couple more shops today], so no sea trials after work. Hopefully I can get some sea trials in on saturday while getting a decent amount of sleep and being able to get back in time to get a tank of mix. Worst comes to worst, I'll change my plan some and do trials on sunday morning [since there is three of us, if I abort it doesn't spoil your dives...]

raxafarian once bubbled...
I think I'll have to still pay for 3...

Nononono. I didn't mean back out. I ment that if I don't get sea trials done in my new rig, I'll do it there. If I have a problem, I'd be aborting the dive... not aborting the trip! :) [don't worry.. I ain't gonna stiff you! :)]

let me know if you need bolt snaps.... they're a little expensive at the shop, but they did have some.. double-enders and singles.

I was gonna ask you if you'd be able to pick me up some if I didn't find any. However I gave up on the LDS [and Home Depot] for that matter, and went to my LHS. I always forget how great small hardware stores are. Home Depot had almost nothing I wanted, and what I did find took me a half hour. I asked 3 people and they looked at me like I had 3 heads. "O-Ring?" Oh well... at least I know where those are now.

Ended up at the local True Value on my way into the office. Bought them out of SS bolt snaps, and got some spares for my save-a-dive kit [they didn't have brass, they had bronze, but for $1.23 each they'll work in a pinch].

Asked them about tool dip, which completely confused the larger orange hardware store. "Rick'll show ya!". Took me over, explained how to use it and told me a couple stories of 'fun w/ tool dip', and went searching for the color I wanted. Unfortunately they had the color in the dip but not the spray... oh well, so I'll have a blue STA... oh well! :)

Back
Top Bottom