BLS for Healthcare Provider course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the PADI 2014 Instructor Manual:

You may accept divers with certifications through other training
organizations into a PADI course using this general guideline,
and after conducting a knowledge and skill preassessment.

6. EFR Primary Care — proof of current CPR training.

7. EFR Secondary Care — proof of current first aid
training.

Note that there is no mention of oxygen use. That's going to covered in your rescue class anyway. Also note the careful wording: "may accept" and "after conducting a knowledge and skill preassessment." This leaves it up to the instructor's discretion if you were certified outside of PADI.

I would accept it based on the course description link provided and having taken the class myself.

I think it's best to contact the person or shop you plan to take Rescue from and ask them if they will accept any particular course. As said, it's "may accept" - you could run into a place that doesn't accept something that would appear to meet the criteria. Happened to a friend of mine, and in that case I suspect it was mostly out of a desire to sell their own course. (That shop went out of business, go figure.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom