Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0800 for an 1100 high tide. A lot of people there. Visibility was better at 30ft, hazy blue color instead of green. Sea temp was at 85f. The fence is still up but the gate is removed, there are orange barriers that you can walk right by. Took advantage to enter and exit on the west side, where I normally do. Encountered very few divers for the 130 minutes of my dive. Did a REEF fish survey of 63 species in 65 minutes. Found a White Grunt with a hook in its mouth, no an unusual find. However, the hook was still attached to the leader with a weight on it, and the weight was stuck on debris, so the poor fish couldn't swim more than 12 inches. I managed to free the fish of the hook unharmed. Respectively, Lobsters, Michelins Sand Dollar, Sand Perch, Spotted Trunkfish, and White Stripe Grunt with a hook in its mouth.

08-19-23 Lobsters.jpg
08-19-23 Sand Dollar.jpg
08-19-23 Sand Perch.jpg
08-19-23 Spotted Trunkfish.jpg
08-19-23 White Stripe Grunt.jpg

Locally, I've found people referring to Mojarra as sand perch. A little time with google indicates that your fish ID is correct, as usual. Thank you for once again filling a hole in my knowledge base.

I finally got back to the bridge yesterday. It had been over a month since diving the site. Water temp was perfect, vis was decent, but hazy. I arrived at 8am for an 11am HT. I was able to get front row parking next to the playground. I'm very pleased that I could cross under the bridge to enter the water. Went east, dove with @SubNeo, who was collecting trash.

A beautiful Oxynoe antillarum. I think this is the first time I've seen one with blue dots.
May be an image of text

A pregnant skeleton shrimp.
May be an image of text that says 'Christian one'

Gold line sea goddess. I found another one which was missing a Rhinophore, but I didn't get a decent shot worth sharing.
May be an image of text

Harlequin blue sea goddess
May be an image of text

Went to the bridge for diving yesterday. Arrived at 0825 for an 1138 high tide. The park was crowded, probably less than yesterday because of some light rain. Snorkeled the trail before diving and did a REEF fish count, 53 species in 55 minutes. Entered the west side at a1020 spent 135 minutes diving the west side. Visibility was about 25 feet and cloudy. Sea temp was 85f. Did another REEF fish count 69 species in 70 minutes. Found two lined seahorses today. They always look like they are hanging on for dear life in a current. Only saw a few other divers, seems like everybody still heads to the east, which is fine with me. Respectively, Banded Coral Shrimp, Juvenile Queen Angel, Lined Seahorse, Juvenile Spotted Scorpion, and Tiger Goby
08-20-23 Banded Coral Shrimp.jpg
08-20-23 Juvenile Queen Angel.jpg
08-20-23 Lined Seahorse.jpg
08-20-23 Spotted Scorpion.jpg
08-20-23 Tiger Goby.jpg

Went to the bridge for diving yesterday. Arrived at 0825 for an 1138 high tide. The park was crowded, probably less than yesterday because of some light rain. Snorkeled the trail before diving and did a REEF fish count, 53 species in 55 minutes. Entered the west side at a1020 spent 135 minutes diving the west side. Visibility was about 25 feet and cloudy. Sea temp was 85f. Did another REEF fish count 69 species in 70 minutes. Found two lined seahorses today. They always look like they are hanging on for dear life in a current. Only saw a few other divers, seems like everybody still heads to the east, which is fine with me. Respectively, Banded Coral Shrimp, Juvenile Queen Angel, Lined Seahorse, Juvenile Spotted Scorpion, and Tiger GobyView attachment 798573

He does look like he's hanging on for dear life. Too funny. Where did you see the Sea Horses?

Went to the bridge for diving yesterday. Only saw a few other divers, seems like everybody still heads to the east, which is fine with me.
(Shh.....))

East is best. Everyone should go east!!! Much more to see on the east side...

:)

I didn't really run into many divers on the east side on Saturday. I saw some in the distance under the bridge and some swimming to the snorkel trail at the beginning. I ran into Dan, someone I was introduced to before the dive at the console area and he was on nudi's already, called me over, and shared his finds.

I didn't really run into many divers on the east side on Saturday. I saw some in the distance under the bridge and some swimming to the snorkel trail at the beginning. I ran into Dave, someone I was introduced to before the dive at the console area and he was on nudi's already, called me over, and shared his finds.
Hi MrChen, nice to be able to have a face and a voice to go with the pictures and comments.

Hey all,
I’m headed over to WPB tomorrow morning from Clearwater. I’ll be doing dives at BHB on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday for sure, and maybe Thursday if my morning charter gets back in time.

If anyone wants to meet up and say hi, or grab lunch/dinner/drinks, let me know!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom