Blue Hole - Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

holy moly, what a sobering video!!
Has anyone gone left of the bells entry, instead of heading right, towards the blue hole/saddle?
I am curious to hear about the dive going left from the bells at maybe 25-27 metres?
thanks.

I may be completely out of order for saying this but that video is exactly why I think that divers body should be removed from that site.

People going down there to gawk and take pictures of a corpse is just another accident waiting to happen.

YMMV

bvmjethead:
I may be completely out of order for saying this but that video is exactly why I think that divers body should be removed from that site.

People going down there to gawk and take pictures of a corpse is just another accident waiting to happen.

YMMV

Come on, do you know at what depth this body is resting?

I don't think it is disturbed too mcuh by divers taking pictures. It is not a freak show, and for those who do reach the body- it is a good thing to remember paying respect to the the sea...

audission:
Good info guys, thanks.

Why the temptation to do stupidly deep dives here on rec kit here then? I'm sure it's spectacular and all that, but surely all the usual laws of barometric science still apply..

:shakehead

because barometric science applies - thats why experienced divers can do and do the arche. it is clearly not recommended for divers doing a few dives a year but highest point of arch is at 45m/135ft this is not out of this world.

but as you said, don't do it. there are a few more catchs in this dive

swisstrav:
because barometric science applies - thats why experienced divers can do and do the arche. it is clearly not recommended for divers doing a few dives a year but highest point of arch is at 45m/135ft this is not out of this world.

but as you said, don't do it. there are a few more catchs in this dive

The highest point is at 52 m (170 ft) and you can't cross the arch at any depth less than 56 m.

The normal depths for crossing the arch is 58 m at low tide and 60 m at high tide.

This is a tech dive not a rec dive. If it's advertised in that matter i dont think a lot of rec diver will ask about it in the first place

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom