Blue Lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was up there a couple of weekends ago. The water was on 71 degrees and it was really windy so it was a cool day. The vis was remarkably good at 10-12 feet. This was in Lagoon 2.

With all the rain this weekend, would not be surprised if the vis has gone down.

MichaelBaranows:
Has anyone been there in the last few weeks? I am going to be up there going thru a Nav class this coming weekend and I was wondering what temp and vis I might be expecting.

Was up there April 29th - May 1st, Friday was good, water temp = 72, wore a 3mm farmer john and jacket and was very comfortable. Saturday it was colder than crap on the beach = 52 deg, and rainy. By Sunday morning Vis was down to ~8 feet, which is not bad for the lagoon on a Sunday after a rain. :wink:

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Has the Lagoon opened up during the week yet?

I was at the dive shop tonight and they said that it was now open during the week.
Im going to be going up their this Sunday lagoon 2 shelter 3 at 0900.

If standing at the dive shop, facing the direction of the lakes, is Lagoon II to the left or to the right? We dove the training lake (to the right) and then later, before leaving, found the other one, and really wished we had found it first, as it looked awesome. We plan to dive there on the 22, will definitely try out that lake first this time. It has a beatiful view, don't you think?

Foo

Foo:
If standing at the dive shop, facing the direction of the lakes, is Lagoon II to the left or to the right? We dove the training lake (to the right) and then later, before leaving, found the other one, and really wished we had found it first, as it looked awesome. We plan to dive there on the 22, will definitely try out that lake first this time. It has a beatiful view, don't you think?

Foo

Lagoon 2 is on the left. I like it more it's smaller, but it does have a great view, and
great vis also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom