Blue O2 Experiences, Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looks like we are committed to diving with Blue O2 the last week of Feb 2013. The price is definitely right and we chose the Northern Wrecks & Reefs schedule. Does anyone have any experience with this route and this liveaboard? Any tips, recommendations? I will be taking a drysuit and a 7mm as a backup. Understand low 70's water temp.

Hi there,
I have been working in the red sea for a couple of years and the blue o two boats are amongst the best you can find. The are quite large and comfy. The majority of their costumers are English. The northern route includes all the famous wrecks of the north including Thistlegorm, Giannis D and some reefs. Its good that you will take a dry suit, since the wind can be cold in the evening. The vis should be very good and hopefully not so many boats around that early in the year. It can be a bit rough, but on this route you dont have very long crossing (max. 3-4 hrs).

cheers

last week of february you can expect the water to be fairly chilly - minimum 5mm wet + hood, 7mm better, semidry even better, drysuit recommended, more for the windchill than anything else.

Say hello to Samake and boje for me! :D

Cheers

C.

I can't comment on blue O2 specifically, but I did a reefs and wrecks on Emporer Divers that was the best dive experience that I've had to date. I was there in late december/early January and was a little chilly in a 3 mil shorty, with most people in 5 or 7 mil full wetsuits.

Just came back from Egypt doing Northern Wrecks & reefs with BlueO2. Absolutely recommended! My wife dived her 5mm Semi, but I mostly used my Whites drysuit. Too cold after the dive in my wetsuit... It was colder than normal on this trip, watertemp 21-22 C, and windy, so the guides had to shuffle a little regarding divespots. Can recommend the guys on Blue Melody, top food & service, and very nice dives. Some currents & maybe not the best viz in mid-march, but I heard some operators cancelled trips the week before we arrived.Hope the weather will be better next time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom