Trip Report Blue Ribbon - Anilao Diving (Batangas)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carono6333

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Quick report as i leave Blue Ribbon Dive Resort for the next stage of our holiday. We really enjoyed our stay here. We booked a Sea View room, which has an awesome balcony for chilling after dives and watching the sun set. The room is very nice. Shower is nice and hot - very nice as the water temps go down to 25 deg C in February! Brrrrr i wish my wetsuit was a bit thicker!

The restaurant does a pretty good job with plenty of options available. We didn’t have a bad meal, although wish there was a bit more fruit on the menu! There are also shakes and smoothies, which is good for folk like us who don’t drink much fizzy drinks or alcohol. Staff are keen to assist if you have any specific requests. The staff are really lovely :)

The dive center is pretty chilled but well organized. They will give you as much or little assistance as you wish. Jeff (Instructor and Guide) is calm and relaxed, but makes sure you spot all the cool crazy little stuff. This kind of service goes down well with me as i don’t like to be fussed over too much, just want to do good dives. Built if you need help (as others did) they are there for you. Diving is off traditional style boats (wooden boats with outriggers) but there is plenty of room onboard. Snacks and coffee are served between the morning dives. An afternoon dive and night dive is also available for those who want to dive dive dive.

Of note also is the owner, Jon, who still teaches and fun dives and is clearly very enthusiastic about all things diving. He’s such a nice guy and a pleasure to chat with him both in the boat and in the restaurant.

There is not much else to do here apart from dive, and 5 full days of diving was just right for us. I would certainly recommend you check out Anilao and not just dive (nearby) Puerto Galera. Blue Ribbon Dive Resort is excellent value for money and - if we return to this area - we’ll dive with them again.

Attachments

• 20240226_180545_Original.jpeg
    20240226_180545_Original.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20240227_162533_Original.jpeg
    20240227_162533_Original.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20240227_162511_Original.jpeg
    20240227_162511_Original.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20240227_144235_Original.jpeg
    20240227_144235_Original.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20240227_144212_Original.jpeg
    20240227_144212_Original.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 51
I'm a little late to the party here, but I concur. Jon is a great guy, and Blue Ribbon is a well run establishment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom