Blue Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if anyone has dove Blue Springs (quarry in Shelbyville, IN) this year. I believe it was last spring that they had flooding issues. Any information would be great.

*** just saw a previous thread on BS****
Sorry any new info is great or any other dives in Indiana.

Anyone got a link to this place? If it's close enough, I might like to hit it before the summer is over.

Bob, I wouldn't waste my time and money. It is $20 bucks to get in. It is Wladron, IN. If you want GPS cords I can get them.

The only others that I know of for IN dive sites are: France Park (haven't been there) and Hidden Paradise. Hidden Paradise is ok.

Bob, I wouldn't waste my time and money. It is $20 bucks to get in. It is Wladron, IN. If you want GPS cords I can get them.

The only others that I know of for IN dive sites are: France Park (haven't been there) and Hidden Paradise. Hidden Paradise is ok.

Thanks for the input and links. To be honest, the diving looks OK but for the distance that I would have to drive, I could be half way to FL or at:

Alabama Blue Water Adventures Welcome to ?The Pelham Keys? 100 Industrial Park Drive, Pelham, Alabama 35124 (205) 663-7428 (205) 663-0287 (Fax)

Which is someplace that I want to dive one of these days.

Even on a GREAT day Blue Springs (waldron IN) isn't worth the $20. Not before the flood and surely not after. The others are a good place to get wet and are worth their money.

KY BOB- Don't listen too closely to the others.. sounds like some sort of personal reasons for not going to Blue Springs. Even after the flood it is better than Hidden Paradise. Probably still not worth the drive all the way from W. KY. If you're going to be in the area anyway, it is definitely worth the trip.

Even on a GREAT day Blue Springs (waldron IN) isn't worth the $20. Not before the flood and surely not after. The others are a good place to get wet and are worth their money.

Very true. I dive at Blue Springs every once in awhile, but only because it's 30 min away. Hidden Paradise in St. Paul is decent. It's shallow and the viz is usually just so-so, but it's only $10. France Park west of Logansport is a great dive. It's also $10 and it's also shallow. But the viz is usually better then Hidden Paradise, it has alot of fish and quite a few 4-5' paddlefish.

Remember Sunset Park Wally? :wink: It's in Linton and is absolutely NOT worth the trip.

Other options include Phillip's Quarry in Muncie and White Rock in St. Paul. There are other options but they are all private lakes. You must be a homeowner or know one to dive them.

KY BOB- Don't listen too closely to the others.. sounds like some sort of personal reasons for not going to Blue Springs. Even after the flood it is better than Hidden Paradise. Probably still not worth the drive all the way from W. KY. If you're going to be in the area anyway, it is definitely worth the trip.

Yea ... I don't like to part with $20 for a so-so site. The absolute top tier quarries in the area are $17 (Gilboa and White Star) and $20 (Haigh). Blue Springs is an absolute rip off at $20.

Yah, personal reasons. I like to spend my money where it is appreciated and I don't fell like I am being ripped off. If BS would drop their price back to $10 I ( as well as many other) would go back. I can travel another 30-40 minutes total travel time in just about any direction and have better facilities (docks, changing rooms that have been cleaned of an inch of mud from LAST YEAR!) and dive conditions for the same amount of $$.
I'll give you the fact that it is in some ways better then Hidden. But it is NOT worth Bob's time and money to make a special trip. He has access to several other spot that are ALOT better for less total expense.

I remember Sunset Park. I even had a friend ask me about diving it the other day at work. I told him that I would dive it but not to expect much.

BTW, sanpedro..welcome to the board! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom