Blue Steel 7/8 UNF (narrow neck) manifold problems with PST tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like it! Shame you had to go through it, but man that's a good feeling when it's done.

If I lived close to @Tracy I would have stolen a set of his 120's and left yours with the manifold in there spot... he would never know😁
I would definitely know as I don't have any 120s around here. I had 4 of them last month. They now live at Tim's house.

This is great! I was so excited to see someone selling left-handed 7/8 valves and the one I just bought has been sitting on a tank for 3 weeks with a half-drafted email to Piranha wondering if it was just my stupidity continuously blowing o-rings trying to fill or if there was something weird about the valve.

Not having a thread relief seems like a pretty big design miss; I have lathes and I don’t think I would go through that much hassle.

Must say, I’m impressed.
Yeah agree it's like bluesteel didnt even try to fit the valve to an actual 7/8" UNF tank

isn't blue steel the valve division of faber? I am not sure how you would even find a 7/8 unf tank in europe

isn't blue steel the valve division of faber? I am not sure how you would even find a 7/8 unf tank in europe
No, but one might think the US distributor might try a sample on the most common tank that it would nominally be used in.

Has anybody heard back from Piranha?

I wonder if there was a batch with a missed production step.

I dunno buddy, Faber somehow manages to make tanks in 3/4" LMAO

Despite also being imperial, 7/8" UNF isn't some kind of mystical alchemy. And the sealing surfaces between 3/4" and 7/8" (and even M25) are otherwise the same relationship with the threads

its the problem of double checking the valve fits and seals on the intended tank. if they just checked the 7/8 unf with a thread checker instead of on an actual tank because they didn't have them, they could have missed it doesn't actually seal correctly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom