"Blue" Video?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undrwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Many years ago, my then girlfriend showed me a video that was based on life, sex, and death in the ocean. It was beautifully made...and I believe it was produced in France (although it had some short narrations in english).

On & off over the years I've tried to relocate this video, but have been unsuccessful. I believe the movie's title is "Blue", but I could be mistaken.

Does this sound like anything any of you have seen, and possibly know where to locate?

Thanks in advance!

H2Andy:
could it be Le Grande Bleu? (the Big Blue?)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095250/

I've seen that one during my search, but alas no. :frustrate

There are no human actors...it's more like a documentary meets a musical. The film has sections (mentioned above; life, death, sex), and in the beginning of each section there's a very short English intro to the section. The music that accompanies the action is also amazing.

If I can find it, I'll post where to find it here, 'cause I think y'all would be blown away by the quality of this production.

After some research, it looks like "Deep Blue" may be a remake / re-release of what I saw. Deep Blue was released in 2005, but I saw the video sometime in 1994-1995. Deep Blue is mini-narrated by Pierce Brosnan...I'm pretty sure the narrator in the movie I saw was not James Bond.

Also, I think these movies were produced in England, not France.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom