Boat seat belts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was the driver of the ambulance that took the teenager to the hospital. I heard him trying to breathe and the gurgling in his chest. Call it B.S. if you want to. That doesn't change the facts.

:bs:

If you were driving ambulances you'd be more than aware of the lifesaving value of seatbelts, spew your idiocy elsewhere.

I was the driver of the ambulance that took the teenager to the hospital. I heard him trying to breathe and the gurgling in his chest. Call it B.S. if you want to. That doesn't change the facts.

I've been working in the ER for over 10 years. I can't tell you how many MVA traumas I've assisted in. I've never seen one case where the patient would have benefited from NOT wearing a seat belt.

+1, making ridiculous stories up to convince people to not wear seatbelts is a special kind of stupid, IJS.

What I said is true. Your inability to accept that does not change anything. I spent 25 years on the road driving rigs and I witnessed too many accidents. Yes, people survived wearing seat belts, but some died because of them, as well. Any expert in the field will tell you that there are injuries specific to seat belt use. As for the supposed reliability of the buckles, they are mechanical devices and anything mechanical can fail.

One of my first jobs after high school was driving an ambulance. After six months, I'd had enough. Most of the people I saw killed in crashes were because of alcohol. All those people killed because some guy liked his beer or booze.

I will not let myself be reduced to juvenile name-calling simply because I stated my personal opinion.

I've been working in the ER for over 10 years. I can't tell you how many MVA traumas I've assisted in. I've never seen one case where the patient would have benefited from NOT wearing a seat belt.

Yup, I've seen cars so badly damaged you couldn't even identify the make and model yet the occupants lived because they were wearing seatbelts, I've also seen cars significantly less damaged where all occupants were killed because they weren't wearing seatbelts. Preaching against wearing seatbelts is not only irresponsible, it's flat out moronic.

What I said is true. Your inability to accept that does not change anything. I spent 25 years on the road driving rigs and I witnessed too many accidents. Yes, people survived wearing seat belts, but some died because of them, as well. Any expert in the field will tell you that there are injuries specific to seat belt use. As for the supposed reliability of the buckles, they are mechanical devices and anything mechanical can fail.

One of my first jobs after high school was driving an ambulance. After six months, I'd had enough. Most of the people I saw killed in crashes were because of alcohol. All those people killed because some guy liked his beer or booze.

I will not let myself be reduced to juvenile name-calling simply because I stated my personal opinion.

Your "personal opinion" is anti seatbelt, an opinion that has been proven and documented to be incorrect time and time again. If you want to risk having your ass launched through a windshield have at it, but your B.S., and it is blatant B.S., against seatbelts is dangerous at best.

I met smoker once who have said they got sick when they tried to quit. Based on that one persons experience, should I encourage kids to light up?

Here, there are very few accidents caused by alcohol, (It being illegal in this country and really expensive to get hold of). but this country ranks int eh top five for car accidents and fatal car crashes in the world. The country only has 3 million people and yet has more fatal crashes than most of the rest of the world..... You get the idea about true reckless driving.

I usually go with the flow of traffic, approximately 90mph and up. The crashes are unbelievable. People here do not survive without the seat belts. I stop at many of the wrecks because my medic training is higher than many of the EMS here. Ejected, means dead. Don't even try to rationalize it otherwise. The laws of physics alone tell you that, not to mention the car rolling over you at ejection, or the impact of landing. Roll overs will kill you if you are Not restrained. Clear and proven. Anomalies are just that. Seat belts cutting throats- oh yeah, that is a huge problem.... no..
The rest of your examples are just too out there to respond to.
You may rationalize and beat your chest about your reckless decision all you want, but at the end of the day, you are still being reckless and foolish.
You go to all the trouble of fashioning a fake seatbelt, why? If you are so proud of your self, you should take that stand. Otherwise, obey the law.

As to boats, I don't know how feasible it would be, but I have ridden a few high speed jobs and they had restraints. But they were racing boats, not large transport. I defer to Onespeed, as he is in teh boating industry. My husband designed yachts, but those were all over 85ft. No seat belts.

I met smoker once who have said they got sick when they tried to quit. Based on that one persons experience, should I encourage kids to light up?

Isn't it more along the lines of "When I tried to quit I gained weight. And fat people die from heart attacks. So smoking saves lives."

You go to all the trouble of fashioning a fake seatbelt, why?

images

Back
Top Bottom