Bodies Recovered in School Sink aka Wayne's World, Hudson, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MyFox Tampa Bay | Bodies of missing cave divers found

Bodies of missing cave divers found
Last Edited: Wednesday, 12 Nov 2008, 7:03 PM EST
Created: Wednesday, 12 Nov 2008, 4:37 PM EST
Pasco deputies are helping a dive team search for two divers missing since Tuesday.
SideBar

Related Items
Pictures

HUDSONÍ¥ivers have found the bodies of two cave divers who have been missing since yesterday.

Divers went into a water-filled sinkhole in Hudson around 5:55 p.m. and found the two men about a half hour later. The two men have not been identified.

The sinkhole lead to a complex networks of underwater caves and tunnels that reportedly go all the way out to the Gulf of Mexico.

The two men were found not far from the entrance to the sinkhole.

According to Pasco Sheriff's spokesman Kevin Doll, it appears preliminarily that the two men may not have been certified to dive in a cave of the complexity of the one they were found in.

The cave is west of U.S. 19, in a wooded area south of Stevens Drive in Hudson.

It is known by various names such as "The Sink" and "School Sink."

The search for the two men started in Hillsborough County yesterday when the families of the two divers reported them missing.

Then Pasco deputies found one of the men's car near the sinkhole.

The divers haven't been identified.

The sinkhole is popular among divers. A friend of one of the divers told FOX 13 that the two men who are missing are experienced divers who have been diving in the area many times in the past.

Tragic news.

How sad. Sorry this tragedy had to happen. It would be interesting to find out what happened and what others can do to possibly prevent a reoccurance of the accident. My condolences to the family and friends of the victims.

Were they diving beyond their training and experience? No offense but that seems to be a pretty big assumption. I don't know any of the details but has that info come out yet?

Were they diving beyond their training and experience? No offense but that seems to be a pretty big assumption. I don't know any of the details but has that info come out yet?

I go with Mike on this one based on this from the news release:
According to Pasco Sheriff's spokesman Kevin Doll, it appears preliminarily that the two men may not have been certified to dive in a cave of the complexity of the one they were found in.

Absolutely tragic to lose one diver, but a dive buddy team is beyond comprehension. Condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom