Bohol Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Centrals. When we went to their resort in Moalboal, it was 3 hours from Cebu City and they picked up group and drove us all back to the airport in a bus for no charge. We're hoping for something similar. After 20+ hours of flying, the 3 hour car ride was not fun...but part of the price you pay, I guess. We really like the owners and will discuss their "travel" policy for the new resort when we see them at DEMA in November.
PS, my wife and I flew separately on Cathay Pacific to use miles for business class and stayed overnight both ways in Hong Kong. What an amazing airport! Taking the bus into the city for our longer overnight was tons of fun as well.

Rob

Yep, all the airports in Asia are first world (uhem, expect for Manila), not like those third world refugee camps you call "airports" in America.

Thanks, Centrals. When we went to their resort in Moalboal, it was 3 hours from Cebu City and they picked up group and drove us all back to the airport in a bus for no charge. We're hoping for something similar. After 20+ hours of flying, the 3 hour car ride was not fun...but part of the price you pay, I guess. We really like the owners and will discuss their "travel" policy for the new resort when we see them at DEMA in November.
Rob

Hi Rob

Anda is along the coast about 2.5 hrs drive from Tagbilaran, the roads are not too bad but it will be similar to the journey you had to Moalboal - there are a few operators there already and they report excellent macro such as blue ringed octopus, frogfish, ghost pipefish. i dived there from a liveaboard about 5 years ago. The corals were in good condition and we found many seafans with the pygmy seahorses in them. definitely an interesting area.

I'll be at DEMA too this year - I'm working on the Philippines booth so maybe see you there!
Susie

Thanks, Susie. Would your rate Moalboal or Bohol better or not really possible to do.
I'm going to let my compadres, Rami and Steve, from the Scuba Sensations dive shop in Chicago, handle DEMA this year. Too much "real" work travel right now to make that trip as well. I'll tell them to ask around for you to say hi and thanks for the info. Rami is the shop owner and will make the final decision, with Steve and I loudly making our recommendations. He does try to keep his instructors and DMs happy by listening.

Rob

Thanks, Susie. Would your rate Moalboal or Bohol better or not really possible to do.
I'm going to let my compadres, Rami and Steve, from the Scuba Sensations dive shop in Chicago, handle DEMA this year. Too much "real" work travel right now to make that trip as well. I'll tell them to ask around for you to say hi and thanks for the info. Rami is the shop owner and will make the final decision, with Steve and I loudly making our recommendations. He does try to keep his instructors and DMs happy by listening.
Rob

I preferred Bohol to Moalboal. Thought the reefs were better at Alona Beach and there was more life, think Balicasag is great too with its steep walls and schools of jacks and barracuda - though maybe Pescador beats it for drama. Not been to Anda other than by liveaboard in 2009 when we made just a few dives- healthy corals and pygmy seahorses was my impression then but seems like with new resorts there now they are finding all manner of critters - often the benefit when you are in one area over a longer period.

I hope to meet Rami & Steve at DEMA, i'll be around the Atmosphere section of the Philippines booth to lend them a hand, having been there 4 times already i've become somewhat of an expert! so maybe we can convince you to come to Dauin instead :wink:

all the best and sorry real work is keeping you too busy for the show!
Susie

Back
Top Bottom