Bohol Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wide angle shots are in...

Wow, Tim! I can't pick a favorite. One great pic after the next.

You've got some great ones in there! There's a group of Crinoids, black and yellow ones and in the lower left hand corner is something that looks sort of like social feather dusters but with simpler 'feathers'.....what are they?

You're shrimp shot is sweet, the first morays eyes really pop out at ya. Too many to single out. You did good! :thumb:

They are a type of soft coral belonging to the octocorallia genus. Xenia/Heteroxenia is the sub-species I think. No idea what is the common name. They were busy feeding when I took the shot. Lots of them in the shallower areas of the reef. But not as colorful as some of the deeper soft corals.

Sorry, double up on the question.

Most of the shots are from Balicasag, with some from Dujol and Puntod. Night dives were on Alona house reef.

Wolverine:
Most of the shots are from Balicasag, with some from Dujol and Puntod. Night dives were on Alona house reef.

Been to Bohol Beach Club and Island Divers on Alona. Can you recommend any places to say around the Alona area? Again, good work on the pictures nice to see that Bohol is in pretty good shape.

Was staying at Bohol Divers Lodge. Think on that stretch of beach, there were a couple of nice places: Alona Kew and Alona Palm. I think Alona Palm is probably the best resort on Panglao Island, but expensive. Nice pool and restaurant. Short walk to most of the dive shops.

Btw, there is a couple of colonies of Pygmy Sea Horses on the reef outside Bohol Beach Club.

Wolverine:
Was staying at Bohol Divers Lodge. Think on that stretch of beach, there were a couple of nice places: Alona Kew and Alona Palm. I think Alona Palm is probably the best resort on Panglao Island, but expensive. Nice pool and restaurant. Short walk to most of the dive shops.

Btw, there is a couple of colonies of Pygmy Sea Horses on the reef outside Bohol Beach Club.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom