Bohol (Tagbilaran)/ Dumaguete/ Malapascua Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
we have sharks, mantas, and mandarins in Yap too... how about a DOR in Yap?! hehe

Malapasqua.. nearer.. :)

pakman:
The shoal sits around 20-24m. Think of a table just sticking out of the ocean. There was very little current. The DM's will just set you down and you literally just sit there kneeling waiting for the Threshers to show up. You might move 1 or 2 times to different viewing spots. It's a pretty relaxed and safe dive. But with just 10 dives, I'd also recommend just get as much diving in in the meantime!!! The threshers aren't going anywhere (yet...) :D

thank you so much for the advice. your description seems like i would not have problems diving in monad shoal. im relieved and confident ill be able to see threshers soon...

huhuhuhu mantas. . .

i didnt see any mantassssssssssss!!!!!!

but my girlfriend who didn't dive (she was waiting on the boat) saw the mantas on the surface!!

*drops on the floor crying*

ishbaby:
huhuhuhu mantas. . .

i didnt see any mantassssssssssss!!!!!!

but my girlfriend who didn't dive (she was waiting on the boat) saw the mantas on the surface!!

*drops on the floor crying*

but did you see the threshers???
:bananalama:

YUPPPP! im no virgin on sharks anymore! LOL . . . although, the thresher was shy, and did 2 passes . . . . just as i was about to take a pic he goes off quick . . . GRRRR.

the mandarin fishies just the same, shy! no pix too. . . i only had 3 dives in malapascua, one for the threshers, afternoon was for the mantas and at night with the mandarins . . . i will get back there again soon!! hmpf . . i wanted to shoot those mandarin fishes so much lol.

Bohol diving though was AWESOME!! I saw that school of barracudas, and that golden barracuda together with the school! I have photos of those. . . :D :D

Hi Pakman,

I am going to Cebu in December, and was not planning on going to Malapascua, but after seeing your pics of Thresher Shark and Mandarin Fish, I changed my mind.

I am just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the dive resorts on the island - it seem Exotic seems to be reasonably priced and looks good on their website. How did you find the resort? Clean? Nice? Is the fan room too hot?

Am looking at Hippocampus and Cocobana too - they are a few dollars more than Exotic.

Also, how is Exotic's location? Do they have a nice beach in front? Is it very far from the other dive shops (in case I run into the same problem as you did)?

Would appreciate any input.

Oh - also, does anyone know if the aircon bus from Cebu is reliable and if it takes a lot longer than a taxi/car arranged by the resort? There is a big difference in price there...

Diver69

Back
Top Bottom