Bombs in the Sinai !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gehadoski:
You know what I hate people doing this because they are not making anything good out of these actions. I really hate people doing this. I am a muslim and I am telling you that this is far away from what Isalm says. I have a rule my life which is don't talk about religion or politics, but I have to say this. This is not islam. Even if this is a war, it will be war aganist peace.
These bombing in Taba was targeting Israelis I know but there are many other people died with these Israelis, children, old, beautiful ladies, divers, Europeans, Egyptians, Americans, Christians, Muslims...etc Whatever these people are. they are human beings. They are living creatures that must feel safe. I am totaly agree with you if you don't come here for not feeling safe.

This all may be true (although I read that the vast majority of deaths were Israelis and that Egypt would not let in any Israeli help for hours), but for the last number of years, tremendous atrocities have been committed in the name of A--ah and no one in the mainstream Islamic world has denounced them. No one in the rest of the world, except the Israelis, has said much either. Not the Dalai Lama, not the archbishop of Rome, not the Coptic patriarch, and certainly not any respected Imams. International diplomatic voices have been rather silent as well.

I also learned that Islam is a religion of peace, but what I've seen is the opposite. I learned that the Quran states that emmissaries (diplomats) are not to be harmed, but in 1979 the US Embassy in Tehran was attacked and the workers there taken hostage.

The nation of Israel was established in 1948 under international agreement, like so many other nations have recently been created, but for over 50 years, the world has heard that the surrounding Muslim countries will destroy it and drive the Israelis into the sea.

I could go on, but this really is not the place. Until the world leaders, both secular and religious, denounce these terrorist activities, the homicide bombings and the murderous attacks on civillians, the rewriting of history and propaganda spread, the activities will continue, to the detriment of all the world.

garyfotodiver:
No one in the rest of the world, except the Israelis, has said much either. Not the Dalai Lama, not the archbishop of Rome, not the Coptic patriarch, and certainly not any respected Imams. International diplomatic voices have been rather silent as well.

Sorry, but this is not true. I don't know how closely you follow the international politics as well as other religions but this is simply not true. Acts of terror were criticized by all the mentioned by you parties. Including some of the most influential Imams.
BTW - Bible also doesn't allow wars but wars did took place, very often in the name of Jesus.
In every religion there are radicals and they are authors of such attacs. Not the majority or the whole nations.
I don't want to start another discussion but I had to react to these injustice words.
Mania

I will say this as gently as possible. I know that there are many, many, many peaceful kind, Muslim people. They should not be harmed or castigated because they are muslim. They have the same right to peaceful existence as any other ethnic or religious group. However, there are clear passages in the Koran which tell the Muslim to kill the Jew and the non-muslim. Many, many muslims do not accept this teaching it is very true but we cannot deny they are there.

Certainly, certainly, certainly, all muslims are not terrorists and I will not accept railing against muslims, however, all of these terrorists doing these things are muslims.

They sincerely believe they are obeying the teachings of their religious book, just as did the catholics during the inquisitions. Plural on purpose. Both are wrong in these acts, and both needed and need to be stopped by the rest of the world.

mania:
Sorry, but this is not true. I don't know how closely you follow the international politics as well as other religions but this is simply not true. Acts of terror were criticized by all the mentioned by you parties. Including some of the most influential Imams.
BTW - Bible also doesn't allow wars but wars did took place, very often in the name of Jesus.
In every religion there are radicals and they are authors of such attacs. Not the majority or the whole nations.
I don't want to start another discussion but I had to react to these injustice words.
Mania

Sorry, but no one came out and strongly demanded the terrorism stop before anything else concerning any type of possibie peace is done. I watch the BBC, the French TV news that comes on my cable TV, read Reuters and other news dispatches. I also read the Israeli news, including the Jerusalem Post, Ha'Arretz, and Atutz-7.

The terrorist criminals are called militants, freedom fighters, dissidents, anything but murderers.

The words are not unjust; the actions they rightly condemn are.

[/QUOTE]They sincerely believe they are obeying the teachings of their religious book, just as did the catholics during the inquisitions. Plural on purpose. Both are wrong in these acts, and both needed and need to be stopped by the rest of the world.[/QUOTE]

My friend, I agree with you. Personally I find all religious beliefs rather frightening...particularly those that condemn me to burn in hell forever for my own (dis) beliefs.

When I lived in Washington D.C. I was more afraid of being killed by people who 'believed' that my money should be in their pocket, or who 'believed' they were right to shoot people in a fast-food restaurant.

We can denounce crime and terrorism until the cows come home, but in the end we'll still have a need to dive.

Peace,

Phil

Dutchdown, I will agree with you that it is a shame we cannot control crime on our own streets. Until the punishment fits the crime we never will I am afraid. DC is one of the worst in our nation on top of that.

But.... :) .. I don't NEED to dive, even though I am kind of fond of it. If the only place I could dive was on 14th street in DC. I wouldn't leave my car there :p

Hope your plans work out,
Jeff

Doc Intrepid:
I hate to buck the party line, but I think you're ignoring a few factors.

4. Its a big world. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of beautiful dive destinations globally. Given this fact, why deliberately choose to book a vacation in a war zone? WTF are you thinking? Yeah, you can suffer random indignity in any tropical paradise, but you have a significantly reduced probability of encountering rocket propelled grenades in, say, Belize.

Well I'd love to go to belize, but it's rather expensive for us!! :censored: We have booked a trip to Sharm el Sheikh in december. Egypt is relatively close (4 hrs) and inexpensive. We went there last year and it's fabulous. I personally would'nt stop going to the area because of terrorists. There are risks in all we do in this life, you assess the risk and make your own choices based on those risks. Any place in this world is at risk from terrorists, Bali, Paris (embassy bomb same day as Taba) Turkey, the USA. We have a friend in Sharm who is so very sad about the bombings and asked us today whether we were still going on our trip. We said 'yes' without hesitation. At least the security will be increased now following the bombings so the chances are you'll be safer than you were before. I wish you well and hope you have a great trip.

TheDivingPreacher:
Dutchdown, I will agree with you that it is a shame we cannot control crime on our own streets. Until the punishment fits the crime we never will I am afraid. DC is one of the worst in our nation on top of that.

But.... :) .. I don't NEED to dive, even though I am kind of fond of it. If the only place I could dive was on 14th street in DC. I wouldn't leave my car there :p

Hope your plans work out,
Jeff

Excellent points! By the way, don't get me wrong...I am not in any way defending crime or terrorism in any sense. Nor will I intentionally insult anyone's beliefs, unless they infringe on my own. I also won't force my own beliefs on anyone else. As to the punishment fitting the crime, I agree wholeheartedly.

I'll go on to Egypt in December with the idea that I'll enjoy wonderful diving and the company of people, though we have different beliefs, with whom I share the bond of brotherhood.

Why not join me!

Phil

Druid:
Wait for a week or so, the prices will drop. Then book your holiday to Dahab at a discount :wink:

Unfortunately I've already booked my next week in Dahab, so I won't benefit from any price reductions.

I'am with Druid...............It must be the Welsh blood :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom