Bonaire accommodations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowfish007

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm travelling alone (wife can't even swim) and looking for a relaxing setting where I can meet other divers. I drink, but am not a heavy partier. My main focus is diving, but I'd like my stay to be comfortable. A vehicle is a must.

I've looked at many boards and hundreds of posts and am interested in dive packages at Captain Don's Habitat and Den Laman. I'm leaning towards Den Laman (full kitchen = less $), but am concerned about not being able to meet people there as it is a smaller facility without a pool or beach. Any feed-back or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Both of those are in a small "strip" of hotels/condos that includes Eden Beach, Den Laman, Sand Dollar, Buddy Dive, Captain Don's Habitat, Coral Paradise and Hamlet. Buddy Dive includes a rental truck, daily breakfast and free Nitrox upgrade, and apparently has a good bar scene, however I'm always too busy diving to check it out. The nice thing is that walking between all of those hotels/condos is not far, so you can always visit others near where you're staying. Golden Reef Inn is just down the road, but not on the water. I stayed at Black Durgon Inn one time when I travelled alone (nice & quiet and on the water) but it is away from the other hotels and there were no other divers there for the first 4 days I was there (not an issue for me, but you seem to want to find dive buddies).

What time of year are you going?

While it won't be high season, there will still be plenty of divers to be able to find buddies whereever you stay. I've also heard good things about Wannadive, especially for lone travellers wanting to meet other divers.

Stayed at Den Laman last August, and would definitely stay there again. There is a busy dive shop in the parking lot, and lots of divers diving off the dock in front of the hotel, so I don't think you would have any trouble meeting anyone. The only issue you might find with the Den Lamam, is if your wife doesn't dive, there is really nothing for her to do there. No pool, beach, etc.....

yes,it is the red eye out of newark-this way we have an extra dive day out of the trip :) 7 dive days instead of 6..just try to sleep on plane..

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom