Bonaire Flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avoid Insel, IMHO. All airlines arrive mid afternoon. I find United and Delta to offer the best service. If the prices are too high, enter them into Yapta | Track flight prices and check for airline refunds and watch them fluctuate. It's way too soon to buy air for June. The prices will rise and fall a hundred times by then.

I consider outrageous to be over $1,200

$700 - $800 are jump on prices in today's world.... esp. for a non-stop

It is less expensive to fly Delta to Atlanta on a Friday and stay at an inexpensive airport hotel, then fly to Bonaire Sat. AM, than to take an early Sat. AM flight from somewhere else before getting on the Bonaire direct flight from ATL the same morning.

Here in Atlanta, I have gone to great lengths to avoid the expensive nonstop Delta flight. On previous trips, I have driven from here to Charlotte and taken Insel, or gotten a flight from Atlanta to Miami and then taken American or Insel. Still cheaper than Delta's nonstop from Atlanta. Next month, a group of us are driving from Atlanta to Birmingham, Alabama for a Delta flight that reaches Bonaire via--you guessed it--Atlanta. Too bad I'll have checked baggage and will have left my car in Birmingham.

The time of day of arrival in Bonaire is the least of my concerns. The airfare is what kills me.

Here in Atlanta, I have gone to great lengths to avoid the expensive nonstop Delta flight. On previous trips, I have driven from here to Charlotte and taken Insel, or gotten a flight from Atlanta to Miami and then taken American or Insel. Still cheaper than Delta's nonstop from Atlanta. Next month, a group of us are driving from Atlanta to Birmingham, Alabama for a Delta flight that reaches Bonaire via--you guessed it--Atlanta. Too bad I'll have checked baggage and will have left my car in Birmingham.

The time of day of arrival in Bonaire is the least of my concerns. The airfare is what kills me.

Try pricing it as ATL - BON - ATL - Birmingham and see if the drive to Birmingham is still worth it. You can't skip an outgoing leg; but no problem skipping that last leg to Birmingham.

I just completed my complicated flight itinerary from London to Socorro and Bonaire in May 2015. American Airlines throughout except for Curacao to Bonaire & back on Insel. I have allowed a lot of delay time for the return flight on Insel (outbound won't matter as that is the last flight of the connections)

London - Dallas / Fort Worth - Los Cabos - Dallas / Fort Worth - Miami - Curacao - Bonaire - Curacao - Miami - London. £1280 or approx US$ 2000 for the lot. Good value IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom