Bonaire going down the drain??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back in the day hijackings went to Cuba.

This hijack is going to honduras!:rofl3:

Go U.S.A!. . . . . . . . To the all you can eat buffet! . . . . . . Fill your whole damn tray while you waste away the day!

I think you have to adjust your mindset, this is a 3rd world country, this is commercial fishing in a totally unregulated industry. It's a captain with a boat who hires these people to dive and catch lobsters for him.

I think the closest similarity would be the sleaze ball contractor who hires the illegals out front of the Home Depot everyday to come work for him for nothing.
I just mentioned that because old and rusty equipment is another risk for such divers.

Looks like it is you who needs some mindset adustment because you do not realize that you are rich because they are poor. The "sleaze ball contractor" you despise is just a middleman in between your wealth and their labour.

I just mentioned that because old and rusty equipment is another risk for such divers.

Looks like it is you who needs some mindset adustment because you do not realize that you are rich because they are poor. The "sleaze ball contractor" you despise is just a middleman in between your wealth and their labour.

WTF are you talking about? Not sure how my net worth got involved in this, however, I'm rich because they are poor? I'm actually rich because I worked my ass off all my life, and I am a contractor.

"my wealth and their labor" ? :idk:

Adjust the meds please, what the heck brought that tirade on?

Reactions: Jax
WTF are you talking about? Not sure how my net worth got involved in this, however, I'm rich because they are poor? I'm actually rich because I worked my ass off all my life, and I am a contractor.

"my wealth and their labor"
? :idk:

I believe this is the correlation made in the post you responded to... (Note, I am not making the same correlation. I am only attempting to clarify...)

I still have no idea what the coorelation is.

The mindset I was referring to was the thought process of thinking these lobster divers have access and financial ability to own diving equipment. These lobster divers aren't independent commercial divers with all the latest gear. The BCD many posters here own would be worth more than one of these indians is going to make in an entire year diving for lobster.

"my wealth and their labor" ? :idk:

Sure, you work your ass--don't we all? I am a conractor too btw--but a significant part of your net worth originates in cheap non-american labour. Does not matter if this is a sweatshop in China or guys from El Salvador who hiked into US through Sonoran desert, the laws discovered by Adam Smith work the same. You can buy ground beef in your local grocery paying only $1.99 per pound and save because it was processed by some los illegalos who work 10-12-hr shifts; you pay just 60 bucks for a night in motel and save because the rooms there are cleaned by mexicans who work two shifts a day and sleep 8 men in one bedroom. This is not your fault, this is how the system works. The lobster diving operator in Honduras, and the contractor near Home Depot that you mentioned, and some hedge fond investor in Manhatten are all part of the system, and so are we because we pay.

On a note, the development of such lobster diving industry means there must be a black market for diving gear. So watch your regs guys, they can be stolen.

I once freed a full tank of lobsters in a restaurant. It was right on the beach...I brought a big bucket and a few friends...one of the most rewarding thing I've ever done.

To celebrate, we ate 4 of them.

Being on an "ivory tower" would require me to to look down upon others, and the only one with that kind of arrogance in this thread is you.

Maybe you should take your 17 posts (all on this useless thread that you created) and continue your existence as a troll somewhere else.

It's sad, but you even don't know the meaning of "living IN ( not on) an ivory tower". But explaining to you the actual meaning of this saying would be a waste of time based on your posts.
And if you regard this thread being useless kindly keep your senseless comments for yourself:mooner:

I don't know dude...this thread is pretty useless.

I mean.....you can probably go back 10 years and find a post about the same topic.

It's almost a troll, but maybe not intended to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom