Bonaire Photos 5/20 - 5/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazing photos! Just goes to show you how some people are photographers and some just shoot pictures. I have an S90 and have nowhere near the talent that TightLines has. Too many times I hear divers say they need a new camera while other people who are using the same rig are getting incredible results.

Huzzahs and kudos to you, sir. Not only are they technically pretty darn great, especially love the emotion in those shots.

I really loved the photos, especially the macro shots. Can you give me some hints on how to get the black background on the close ups?

The key to the black background is using a very fast shutter speed and having some open water behind your subject. Generally, your shutter speed will control the color of your background when shooting against open water. The faster your shutter, the darker the background, and vice-versa, the slower your shutter the bluer the background. To compensate for the faster shutter speed you'll need to boost your strobe output to properly expose the rest of the photo. And, like always with UW photography - get close, and then closer. Glad to hear you enjoyed the photos.

Thanks for sharing the tips. I'll give them a try when I'm in Key Largo in a couple of weeks. We don't get to Bonaire until Sept. Wish I could go more often.

Most excellent photos, thanks for sharing. I'll be in Bonaire in September and now have a standard for photographic excellence to measure against! Are the extreme close up's crops?

C.

Beautiful photos! The composition is outstanding! I found myself grinning ear to ear, especially at the goby pictures!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom