Bonaire September 3-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmp2z

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello! My husband and I are going to be taking our first-time trip to Bonaire September 2-9, so will be diving the 3rd through the 8th. We've got our AOW and Nitrox certification, but are still newish to diving with 30+ dives. If anyone else is going those dates, we'd be interested in meeting up for some dives, especially since we're utterly unfamiliar with the area. We've bought the Bonaire Shore Diving guidebook, and are staying at Den Laman.

Cheers!
Heather W

BONAIRE>>> Such an easy place to dive. Stay in your limits and you will do just fine.

Staying at Den Laman usually means diving with Bonaire Dive and Adventure. If so, then you will have a very simple introduction to shore diving from the BDA dock onto Bari Reef. Easily navigable, even for newbies. It will form the basis for your self-navigation on most of the other Bonaire shore dives.

As for directions to La Dania's Leap (only 2 foot step really). It is near Karpata and is a GREAT dive. You can search for it on youtube to see a video of the dive. After entry, swim to right until tank hits 1500 psi. Come to 40 feet and look for anchor. At that point you are at Karpata. Been to Bonaire 6 times and it is my FAVORITE dive. :D

If you've got the usual soft-soled scuba boots, consider a set of medium or hard-soled boots, since walking on iron shore & coral rubble can be hard on your feet. My little group really likes SeaSoft Sunrays.

When you go in, don't put your fins on till you're in waist deep water. Coming out, take them off in waist deep water. Don't try to 'duck walk' in or out with fins on.

Take a tube of Neosporin to use on abrasions you may pick up. I had a bad leg abrasion, and the skin got really tight & painful later until I kept Neosporin on it, which kept it moist. And hopefully reduced infection risk.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom